Voice of Baceprot
Voice of Baceprot
|Origin||Garut, West Java, Indonesia|
|Genres||Nu Metal, Funk Metal, thrash metal, progressive metal, rap metal|
Voice of Baceprot, also known as VoB (the word for "noisy" in Sundanese, their ethnic language), is a three-piece metal band from Indonesia. The members, Firdda Kurnia (vocals, guitar), Euis Siti Aisyah (drums) and Widi Rahmawati (bass) met and formed the band in 2014, as schoolgirls. Their school's music teacher, Erza Satia, is now their manager.
Wearing a hijab should not be a barrier to the group's pursuit of its dream of being heavy metal stars... I think gender equality should be supported because I feel I am still exploring my creativity, while at the same time, not diminishing my obligations as a Muslim woman
All three wear the hijab on stage. Siti, the drummer, stated that her parents originally opposed her involvement in the group, but changed their minds when the band won an award at a music festival. They sing in English language as well as Sundanese, and have gained a wide social media presence outside Indonesia.
- Lamb, Kate (9 June 2017). "The schoolgirl thrash metal band smashing stereotypes in Indonesia". The Guardian.
- "HIJAB-CORE! Meet The Indonesian All-Girl Muslim Metal Band, VOICE OF BACEPROT - Metal Injection". Metal Injection. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Indonesia's hijab-wearing Muslim metal group smashes barriers". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Indonesian all-girl Muslim metal band 'Voice of Baceprot' challenges stereotypes". www.geo.tv.
- Kurnia, Firdda; vocalist; Baceprot, guitarist of Voice of. "Meet Voice Of Baceprot, The All-Girl Metal Band Making Waves In Indonesia". NPR.org. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- "Badass hijabi all-girl metal band gain viral fame in Indonesia". SBS Indonesian. 25 May 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.