Voice of OC
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Focus||Local Investigative Journalism|
|Orange County, California, United States|
|Norberto Santana, Jr., Publisher|
Tracy Wood, Civic Editor
Sonya Quick, Digital Editor
Meg Waters, Development Director
Theresa Sears, Involvement Editor
Wylie Aitken, Chairman of the Board
Voice of OC was founded in June 2009 and started publishing March 31, 2010. Since then, Voice has published thousands of news articles about topics such as transportation, the environment, health, public safety, housing, homelessness, Ralph M. Brown Act issues and California Public Records Act issues.
The news agency's reporting on a property swap involving Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido prompted an investigation by the city attorney into the issue. The mayor voted for a $1.4-million city contract with an auto parts firm, NAPA Orange County, just over a year after he bought a home from the firm's owner for $230,000 less than fair market value.
- Wylie Aitken, an Orange County-based trial attorney who is past president of the California Trial Lawyers Association and member of the California Arts Council
- Barbara Venezia, a journalist (Daily Pilot, Orange County Register), author, producer and podcast host
- Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the UC Irvine School of Law
- Colleen Clark, a finance professional with more than 25 years’ experience
- Norberto Santana, Jr., publisher of Voice of OC
- "About Us". Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Santa Ana Council Meets Privately on Pulido Property Swap". Voice of OC. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Santa Ana Mayor's Property Swap Raises Questions". Voice of OC. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Voice of OC Board of Directors". Retrieved 2018-08-09.