|Parent company||Gonzo Multimedia, Ltd.|
|Distributor(s)||Floating World Records|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Location||Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne & Wear, England|
Voiceprint Records is a company and record label based in England, founded in 1990 by Rob Ayling. They specialise in re-releasing old material, especially progressive rock, but also have new releases, under the Voiceprint and other imprints.
The first release on Voiceprint was a Daevid Allen album, The Australian Years. Among the many other artists whose recordings have been released by the company are Tim Blake, Leonard Cohen, The Fall (whose Cog Sinister label was acquired by Voiceprint in 1997), Fish, Gong, Hawkwind, Steve Hillage, Patrick Moraz, Anthony Phillips, Theo Travis, Rick Wakeman, and Yes.
The company also releases classical music and related documentaries.
- Stump, Paul (1997). The music's all that matters: a history of progressive rock. Quartet Books. ISBN 978-0-7043-8036-3. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Label details for Voiceprint". Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Insolvencylist.com[dead link]
- Companies House record
- "Labels". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Blueprint". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Leonard Cohen - Bird On A Wire". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Cog Sinister". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Voiceprint home page". Voiceprint. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Mack Maloney & Sky Club Interview". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "The Waiting Room Online". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Columbia Basin College Library Catalog " Details for: "O Thou Transcendent" the life of Ralph Vaughan Williams /". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
|This article about a United Kingdom record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|