Voiceroid+ interface with Tohoku Zunko loaded
|Initial release||December 4, 2009|
|Operating system||Windows XP/Vista/7/8|
|Type||Speech Synthesizer Application|
Voiceroid is a speech synthesizer application developed by AH Software and is designed for speech. It is only available in the Japanese language. Its name comes from the singing software Vocaloid, for which AH-Software also develops voicebanks. Both AH-Software's Vocaloids and Voiceroids went on sale on December 4, 2009.
Voiceroid uses an engine called AITalk developed by AI Inc. The user is able to adjust the tempo, pitch, and intonation to make the program sound more natural. The original two products Tsukuyomi Shouta and Tsukuyomi Ai were packaged with the animating software, Crazy Talk SE.
On October 22, 2010, a new version of the engine was introduced known as, Voiceroid+. The first of this new engine featured a character from the children's anime Eagle Talon, known as Yoshida-kun. Much like Shouta & Ai, he is aimed at young audiences.
The first three Voiceroids were targeted at younger audiences, so they were subject to censorship, and inappropriate words were filtered out. However, Maki Tsurumaki was designed specifically for a more older audience and is the first of the series to have no form of censorship.
Yuzuki Yukari is also the first Vocaloid to have a Voiceroid voicebank as well as a Vocaloid voicebank.
For Tohoku Zunko's release the software has been vastly improved compared to previous Voiceroid+ voices.
The first two Voiceroids to come in one package are Kotonoha Akane・Aoi.
In 2015, the software was upgraded to Voiceroid+ ex.
- Tsukuyomi Shouta: Was designed to be based on a seven-year-old male. Release date: December 4, 2009
- Tsukuyomi Ai: Was designed to be a five-year-old female and Shouta's "sister" product. Release date: December 4, 2009
- Yoshida-Kun: Was based on the character of the same name from the anime Eagle Talon. Release date: October 22, 2010.
- Maki: A teenage female. Release date: November 12, 2010. She is the first Voiceroid to not contain censorship of curse words.
- Yuzuki Yukari: The first Vocaloid to also have a Voiceroid library. She has several new expressions. Release date: December 22, 2011
- Tohoku Zunko: A teenage female. She was originally created to help promote the recovery of the Tohoku region. Her character design is based on a zundamochi, a Tohoku specialty. Release date: September 28, 2012. She received a Vocaloid 3 voicebank in June 2014.
- Kotonoha Akane・Aoi: A pair of twin sisters. They are voiced by Sakakibara Yui.
Voiceroid + Ex
- All 6 past voiceroids except the Kotonoha package were upgraded.
- Minase Kou: is the first new male vocal released for this version of the software. He was released on October 29, 2015.
- Kyomachi Seika: went under a crowd fund raiser to become a Voiceroid. She s a female voiced by Rika Tachibana of the production group Tsukurujyo. At the closure of the crowd fund riser she had raised ¥4,038,500, more than double the original amount needed to become a Voiceroid (¥2,000,000) confirming she would become a Voiceroid. Her release date was given as 10 June 2016.
- Tohoku Kiritan: Kiritan is currently undergoing a campaign to become a Voiceroid. She is one of two sisters of Vocaloid3 vocal "Tohoku Zunko" and currently has a UTAU vocal released for her. The goal for her to become a Voiceroid was pitched at ¥4,500,000 to be raised by 18 May 2016. At time of closing she raised ¥6,983,080, 55% more than was require for her to become a Voiceroid. She was released on October 27, 2016.
- "New VOICEROID Software From AH-Software". Vocaloidism. November 14, 2009. Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- "VOICEROID "Tsukuyomi Ai" and "Tsukuyomi Shouta" will Read Out Your Favourite Line in Moe Voices". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- Vocaloid news article
- "AH-Software - VOICEROIDシリーズ". Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "VOICEROID+ 鷹の爪 吉田くん - 入力文字読み上げソフト". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "初音ミクみく". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "VOICEROID+ 民安ともえ EX". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Tohoku Zunko VOICEROID+ Software Gets Release Date". Vocaloidism. August 30, 2012. Retrieved September 6, 2012.
- "Tohoku Zunko VOICEROID+ Software Gets Release Date". Vocaloidism. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "関西弁、標準語を使い分ける音声合成ソフト、琴葉茜・葵が登場！". 藤本健の“DTMステーション”. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "VOICEROID+ 水奈瀬コウ EX". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "男モノの使える音源、VOCALOID、VOICEROIDが揃って誕生". 藤本健の“DTMステーション”. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "京町セイカを現実世界へ～新たな力をください～". GREEN FUNDING. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "VOICEROID+ 京町セイカ EX - 入力文字読み上げソフト". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "東北きりたん（CV：茜屋日海夏）に声をください！ボイスロイド化プロジェクト". GREEN FUNDING. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- (Japanese) Official website