|Owner(s)||Communications Voir Inc.|
|Founded||January 1, 1991|
|Ceased publication||Still active|
Voir was founded by Pierre Paquet in November 1986. On April 29, 2015, it was announced that all shares owned by Paquet were purchased by a group of buyers composed of XPND Capital, a Quebec-based private equity firm, and two members of Voir's management team, Michel Fortin and Hugues Mailhot.
The newspaper also formerly published local editions in Quebec City, Saguenay/Alma, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Gatineau. They published a mix of locally oriented news and advertisement and listings, as well as chainwide common content published by all the editions.
Supplements and special sections
- Voir carries since 2003 a weekly lifestyle supplement Voir la Vie / Voir la Ville containing amongst other restaurant reviews, travel and real estate / decoration.
- It also carries a special musical section entitled Bang Bang (earlier a separate periodical paper) but now incorporated within Voir.
- Voir also had a graphic design / typography supplement, but that section was discontinued later.
- "Le Voir devient bimensuel". Le Devoir, May 15, 2013.
- "COMMUNICATIONS VOIR ANNOUNCES ITS ACQUISITION BY XPND CAPITAL AND MEMBERS OF ITS MANAGEMENT TEAM". COMPANY NEWS. XPND Capital. 29 April 2015. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Le journal Voir Estrie abandonne le papier". La Presse, June 11, 2013.
- "Voir Gatineau-Ottawa disparaît". Le Droit, April 13, 2013.
- "Hour Community to become online-only". The Gazette, June 1, 2012.
|This article about a Canadian newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|