Education and career
Rödl received his Ph.D. from Charles University, Prague in 1976; his advisor was Zdeněk Hedrlín. Significant contributions include his work with Jaroslav Nešetřil on Ramsey theory, his proof of the Erdős–Hanani conjecture on hypergraph packing and his development, together with Brendan Nagle, Mathias Schacht, and Jozef Skokan (and independently of Timothy Gowers), of the hypergraph regularity lemma.
- Nešetřil, Jaroslav; Rödl, Vojtěch (1991). Mathematics of Ramsey Theory. Algorithms and Combinatorics. 5. Springer. ISBN 0-387-18191-1.
- "Foreign Fellows of the Learned Society : Rödl Vojtěch". Learned Society of the Czech Republic.
- Vojtěch Rödl: On a packing and covering problem, European Journal of Combinatorics, 6 (1985), 69–78.
- Vojtěch Rödl, Jozef Skokan: Regularity lemma for uniform hypergraphs, Random Structures & Algorithms, 25 (2004), 1–42.
- Brendan Nagle, Vojtěch Rödl, Mathias Schacht: The Counting Lemma for regular k-uniform hypergraphs, Random Structures & Algorithms, 28 (2006), 113–179
- "George Pólya Prize in Applied Combinatorics".