|• Mayor||Peter Kornell (FWG)|
|• Total||60.19 km2 (23.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||203 m (666 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The town was founded in 906 AD.
Arts and culture
Volkach's main tourist attraction is its annual wine festival.
Located outside the town but inside the municipal territory is the late-Gothic pilgrimage church Maria im Weingarten with a Madonna by Tilman Riemenschneider. It was stolen in 1962 but later recovered.
Sons and daughters of the place
- August von Rothmund (1831-1906), ophthalmologist and professor
- Leo Kirch (1926-2011), media entrepreneur who was later to lead one of the largest German media groups, the Kirch Group
- Marlies Dumbsky (born 1985), German Wine Queen
- 1945–1948: Josef Michael Erb
- 1948–1970: Georg Berz
- 1970–1990: Friedrich Ruß
- 1990–2002: Karl Andreas Schlier
- since 2002: Peter Kornell, reelected in 2008 and 2014
Connected to Volkach
- Friedrich Funk (1900-1963), politician (CSU), farmer and member of the Bundestag 1949-1963, lived until his death in the village
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volkach.|
|This Kitzingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|