Volker Oppitz (footballer)
|Date of birth||16 February 1978|
|Place of birth||Dresden, East Germany|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Central Defender|
|1996–2001||Dynamo Dresden II||73||(0)|
|1998–1999||→ Heidenauer SV (loan)||30||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He broke into the Dynamo first-team in 2001 after the club had been relegated to the Oberliga, and has been a first-team regular ever since, through two promotions and one relegation. Oppitz suffered with injury towards the end of his career, and was forced to retire in June 2010, at which point Dynamo appointed him as managing director on an interim basis.
His father Volker, is honorary chairman of Dynamo Dresden.
- "Volker Oppitz" (in German). fussballdaten.de. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Volker Oppitz legt sein Amt als Geschäftsführer nieder" (in German). Dynamo Dresden. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Dynamo Dresden profile" (in German). Dynamo Dresden.[dead link]
- "Aufsichtsrat bestellt Dr. Volker Oppitz zum Interims-Geschäftsführer" (in German). Dynamo Dresden.[dead link]
- Official website (German)
|This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a defender born in the 1970s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|