Volkswagen Group A0 platform
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Under Volkswagen's revised platform naming system, the "A04" platform is now known as the PQ24 platform, and what may have been called the A05 platform is officially the PQ25 platform. The new nomenclature is derived as follows:
- P indicates a passenger car platform
- Q (quer) indicates a transverse engine
- 2 indicates the platform size or class
- 5 indicates the generation
A01 (Typ 86) platform cars:
A02 (Typ 86C) platform cars:
- Volkswagen Polo Mk2/Polo Classic/Derby (1981–1994)
A03 platform cars:
- SEAT Ibiza Mk2 (Typ 6K, 1993–2002)
- SEAT Córdoba Mk1 (Typ 6K/6KC/6KV, 1993–2002)
- Volkswagen Polo Mk3 (Typ 6N/6KV, 1994–2002)
- Volkswagen Polo Playa (1996–2002) - a rebadged SEAT Ibiza 6K with some cosmetic components from the Volkswagen Polo 6KV
- SEAT Inca van (Typ 6K9, 1996–2003)
- Volkswagen Caddy van (Typ 9K, 1997–2003)
A04 platform cars, now officially referred to as the PQ24 platform:
- Škoda Fabia Mk1 (Typ 6Y, 1999–2007)
- Audi A2 (Typ 8Z, 1999–2005)
- Volkswagen Polo Mk4 (Typ 9N, 2001–2009)
- SEAT Ibiza Mk3 (Typ 6L, 2002–2008)
- SEAT Córdoba Mk2 (Typ 6L, 2002–2009)
- Volkswagen Fox (Typ 5Z, 2004-on)
- Škoda Fabia Mk2 (Typ 5J, 2007-2014, uses portions of PQ24 and PQ25 platform) 
- Volkswagen Gol Mk5 (2008–present, PQ24/25 hybrid)
- Volkswagen Voyage Ml2 (2008–present, PQ24/25 hybrid)
- Volkswagen Saveiro Mk5 (2009–present, PQ24/25 hybrid)
A05 (PQ25) 
- SEAT Ibiza Mk4 (Typ 6J, 2008–present)
- Volkswagen Polo Mk5 (Typ 6R/6C, 2009–present; Typ 61, 2010–present)
- Audi A1 (Typ 8X, 2010–present)
- Škoda Rapid (2011–present, only for Indian market)
- Škoda Fabia Mk3 (Typ 6V, 2014–present)
- Volkswagen Vento (Typ 61, 2010–present)
- Škoda Rapid (Typ NH, 2012–present)
- SEAT Toledo Mk4 (Typ NH, 2012–present)
- Volkswagen Santana (2013–present, China)
- Volkswagen Jetta (2013–present, China)
- "Frankfurt Motor Show: Audi heads up the A1". 4Car. 18 September 2007. Archived from the original on 16 July 2009. Retrieved 1 October 2009.
- "Next generation VW small car platform to offer all-wheel drive". Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Novo Gol - Mudanças para continuar na liderança (Portuguese)
- Seat boss: New Ibiza matches Toyota quality http://www.autonews.com/article/20080512/ANE03/805322889
- Volkswagen Polo And Audi A1 Will Share New AWD Platform http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/volkswagen-polo-and-audi-a1-will-share-new-awd-platform-ar57033.html
- 2008 Paris Motor show photos & coverage http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/paris/112_2008_paris_motor_show_p1/seat_ibiza_cupra.html
- "Some Audi A1 details (correct and incorrect) from Motor Trend Volkswagen Polo news story". Fourtitude.com. 19 January 2009. Retrieved 1 October 2009.
- "Thinking Small: Audi A1, Q3 and VW Polo". Motor Trend. Source Interlink Media. 1 March 2009. Retrieved 1 October 2009.
- "Im Fokus: Volkswagen" (PDF). Automobil-Produktion (in German). March 2006. Retrieved 1 October 2009.
- Fulthorpe, Mark (April 2002). "Europe's slight rise & anticipated decline - Auto by the Numbers - car sales, production in Western Europe - Illustration - Statistical Data Included". CBS Interactive Business UK. Retrieved 1 October 2009.