Volkswagen I.D. Concept at IAA 2017
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact car / Small family car (C)|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
The Volkswagen ID.3 is an electric car developed by Volkswagen based on the MEB platform, and part of the I.D. Series. It was first shown as the I.D. concept car at the September 2016 Paris Motor Show. A production vehicle based on this prototype will be launched in 2020. It will be one of five new Volkswagen brand models based on the MEB platform.
Three different battery choices will be offered with the ID.3.
- Base: 45 kWh battery, 330 km WLTP range
- Mid-spec: 58 kWh battery, 420 km WLTP range
- Top-spec: 77 kWh battery, 550 km WLTP range
Instead of the rumored I.D. Neo name, the car will be called ID.3. Smaller cars with the name ID.2 and ID.1 are expected, and bigger models will range from ID.4 to ID.9. Volkswagen has also applied for trademark protection of an additional "X", supposedly for SUV.
Reservations (1000€) for the launch model of the ID.3 started on the 8 May 2019, which are set to be delivered in Q1 2020, whereas the base model, expected to cost under 30.000€, will be delivered 2021. Volkswagen names a high expected demand as a reason. It received 10,000 buyer reservations within 24 hours after the opening.
- Ltd, Newspress. "REVOLUTIONARY VOLKSWAGEN I.D. ELECTRIC CONCEPT CAR MAKES ITS WORLD DEBUT AT THE PARIS MOTOR SHOW : Volkswagen Media Centre". Volkswagen Media Centre.
- "Dit zijn de vijf elektrische VW's! - Groen7". www.groen7.nl.
- "All about the MEB". Volkswagen. 2019-09-18.
- Seiwert, Martin (2019-02-15). "VW bekommt ein neues Logo". WirtschaftsWoche.
- Werwitzke, Cora (2018-11-15). "VW fertigt in Zwickau künftig 330.000 E-Modelle pro Jahr". electrive.net.
- Schwuchow, Oliver (2019-03-12). "VW ID.3: Elektroauto kann ab dem 8. Mai vorbestellt werden".
- Media related to Volkswagen I.D. at Wikimedia Commons