This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2012)
|Division of Volkswagen Group India|
|Dr. Andreas Lauermann
(President and Managing Director)
Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd is a division of the Volkswagen Group India, founded in 2007.
Volkswagen India operates a manufacturing plant in Pune (Chakan) Maharashtra which is capable of producing 200,000 vehicles per annum. Along with the manufacturing of Volkswagen Polo and Volkswagen Vento and the newly launched Volkswagen Ameo, the plant is also shared by Škoda Auto India Private Limited for manufacturing the Škoda Rapid.
Volkswagen has an engine assembly facility (an extension to the previously mentioned plant) built in 2015 at a cost of 240 crore (710 million Euro ). The plant reportedly holds production capacity of about 98,000 engines annually.
Vehicles sold by the company include
- Volkswagen Jetta (2008–present)
- Volkswagen Polo (2009–present) will be replaced by Golf hatchback in 2018
- Cross Polo (2015–present)
- Polo GTI (2016–present)
- Volkswagen Vento (2010–present)
- Volkswagen Ameo (2016–present)
- Volkswagen Beetle (2014–present)
- Volkswagen Tiguan (2017-present)
Vehicles discontinued by the company include
- Volkswagen Touareg (2008-2013)
- Volkswagen New Beetle (2011-2013)
- Volkswagen Phaeton (2010-2013)
- Volkswagen Passat (2007-2014)
Sales and service network
Volkswagen India Private Limited’s prime focus is to manufacture quality products at its Chakan Plant. It sells its products to a group company viz. Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd., which is based out of Mumbai. Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. has a large dealer network in India for sale of products manufactured by Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd. Volkswagen India has 119 showrooms and 147 service centers across 101 cities.
- "Volkswagen inaugurates its new engine assembly facility in India". 27 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.