This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Volkswagen Pointer was a small family car sold by Volkswagen do Brasil in South America from 1994 to 1997. The Pointer was available as a five-door hatchback, and the two-door coupe version, called the Volkswagen Logus, was sold from 1993 to 1996.
It was based on the European version of the Ford Escort, being the result of Volkswagen Group's AutoLatina joint venture with Ford Motor Company, which also saw the Volkswagen Santana rebadged as the Ford Versailles. Although there were sheet metal differences between the Pointer and the Escort, the styling cues were still noticeably those of Ford rather than Volkswagen.
The nameplate remained in use after the Escort-based model was retired from production, as the Brazilian-manufactured Volkswagen Gol was marketed as the Volkswagen Pointer in Mexico, and also in Russia, Ukraine and Egypt.
The Volkswagen Pointer five-door hatchback was developed on the same Ford Escort MkV platform as the Volkswagen Logus, presented in 1993 in October. Offered in four versions: CLI 1.8, GLI 1.8, GLI 2.0 and GTI 2.0.
- 1994 Digital Multipoint Injection Ford EEC-IV on GTI improved performance, level of noise and fuel consumption.
- 1995 offered option of coloured bumpers.
- 1996 GTI had new wheels and interior upholstery.
- 1996 was also the last year of production, due to the AutoLatina partnership falling apart.
- Club Pointer Net Mexico (in Spanish)
- Club del VW Pointer Argentina (in Spanish)
- Guides and tutorials about VW Pointer Argentina (in Spanish)
- Logus & Pointer Club (in Portuguese)
- Best Car Website Brazil reviews Logus & Pointer (in Portuguese)
|Parati I||Parati IF||Parati II||Parati III||Gol I/ Parati IV / Gol Country I|
|Gacel||Senda I||Senda II||Parati V|
|Supermini||Fox / CrossFox|
|SpaceFox / Suran|
|Polo IV||Polo IVF|
|Small family car||Pointer||Golf III||Golf IV||Golf IVF||Golf VII|
|Large family car||Passat I||Passat IV||Passat V||Passat VI||Passat VII|
|Santana I / Passat II||Santana IF||Santana II|
|Pickup truck||Saveiro I||Saveiro IF||Saveiro II||Saveiro III||Saveiro IV||Saveiro V|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|