|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Engine||Petrol: 1.0l (I3), 1.5 and 2.0l TSI (I4)|
Diesel: 1.6l TDI, 2.0l TDI
|Wheelbase||2,595.9 mm (102.2 in)|
|Length||4,229.1 mm (166.5 in)|
|Width||1,831.3 mm (72.1 in)|
|Height||1,572.8 mm (61.92 in)|
|Curb weight||1,420 kg (3,130 lb)|
Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet (Mk6)
Volkswagen Beetle convertible
The Volkswagen T-Roc is a crossover SUV/Subcompact crossover manufactured by German automaker Volkswagen. Its main rivals include the Nissan Juke, Renault Captur, Dacia/Renault Duster, Hyundai Kona, Citroen C3 Aircross, Opel Crossland X, Mazda CX-3, Ford Ecosport, Toyota C-HR and the Honda HR-V. The T-Roc is slotted below the Tiguan, and above the slightly smaller T-Cross.
The T-Roc was unveiled as a concept car at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show. It was designed to be an offroader, with an aggressive design and AWD. Originally, it was said that the T-Roc was not going to be produced, and that instead it would be used to test out concepts for future Volkswagen SUVs. They later said that a car related to the T-Roc may reach production.
The T-Roc made its worldwide debut in Italy on August 23, 2017. It was introduced as Volkswagen's fourth SUV. There is a 12.3 inch screen where the driver can switch driving modes and access the entertainment system. The gauges are also replaced by an information screen that contains digital gauges.
European market cars are assembled in the Portuguese plant on the edge of Setubal, that was originally built for the Volkswagen Sharan/Ford Galaxy joint venture. Chinese market cars are assembled at the FAW-Volkswagen joint-venture plant in Foshan.
The T-Roc will not be launched in North America, Mexico, Argentina and Russia, as they launch yet another subcompact SUV, the Tharu, as the officials for Volkswagen said that the T-Roc is better suited to Europe's tastes. The T-Roc is not sold in many CIS countries, India, Middle East and North Africa (same case as the Touran, as well as the Sharan MPVs)
The T-Roc is also not sold in Japan as well as in Southeast Asia. The T-Roc was sold in New Zealand in limited numbers. The Volkswagen T-Roc is being released in Turkey since the beginning of 2019, and it will be sold in South Korea and India by the first quarter of 2020. In addition, the T-Roc will be sold in South Africa by the third quarter of 2020.
The T-Roc was showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo and was launched in the country in March 2020.
The T-Roc Cabriolet was launched in Germany in April 2020; it is available in Style and R-Line variants.
The T-Roc's turbo diesel injection (TDI) engine from the Golf can accelerate the car from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 6.9 seconds, and a top speed of 130 mph. Volkswagen estimates a fuel mileage of 57.6 MPG and 129 grams of CO2 per kilometer.
0–100 km/h (0-62 mph)
|1.0 TSI 115||Inline 3 – 999 cc (61 cu in)||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp) at 5,000–5,500 rpm||200 N⋅m (148 lb⋅ft) at 2,000–3,500 rpm||10.1 s||185 km/h (115 mph)||6 speed manual|
|1.5 TSI 150||Inline 4 – 1498 cc||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) at 5000 rpm||250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft) at 1.500–3.500 rpm||8.4 s||204 km/h (127 mph)||6 speed manual or 7 speed DSG|
|2.0 TSI 190 4Motion||Inline 4 – 1,984 cc (121 cu in)||190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp) at 5000 rpm||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft) at 1500 rpm||7.2 s||216 km/h (134 mph)||7 speed DSG|
|T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion||Inline 4 – 1,984 cc (121 cu in)||300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp)||400 N⋅m (295 lb⋅ft)||4.9 s||250 km/h (155 mph)||7 speed DSG|
|1.6 TDI 115||Inline 4 – 1,598 cc (98 cu in)||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp) at 3250 rpm||250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft) at 1500 rpm||10.7 s||200 km/h (124 mph)||6 speed manual|
|2.0 TDI 150cv SCR 4Motion||Inline 4 – 1.968 cc (120 cu in)||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) at 3,500–4,000 rpm||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft) at 1,750–3,000 rpm||8.4 s||200 km/h (124 mph)||7 speed DSG|
The 2018 Volkswagen T-Roc currently has six engines available, all turbocharged and with direct fuel injection, though only two petrol engines and a diesel are being sold from the start – another two diesels and one more gasoline engine will be sold later.
In August 2019, the performance variant of T-Roc called T-Roc R went on sale in Europe, with 300 hp 2.0 TSI engine. Volkswagen launched this SUV in India in March 2020, the company is coming in India under Completely Built Unit.
- Padgett, Marty (4 March 2014). "Volkswagen T-Roc Concept: 2014 Geneva Motor Show Live Photos". MotorAuthority. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Stoklosa, Alexander (February 2014). "Volkswagen T-ROC Concept: Ready T' Rock Off-Road". CarandDriver. Retrieved 25 July 2014. Cite error: The named reference "car" was defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "T-ROC". VolkswagenUK. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Gibbs, Nick (3 March 2014). "Volkswagen T-ROC concept makes its debut". AutoExpress. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Tahaney, Ed (23 August 2017). "VOLKSWAGEN T-ROC SUBCOMPACT CROSSOVER MAKES WORLD DEBUT IN ITALY". MotorTrend. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Dieser Golf kann klettern". stern.de GmbH, Hamburg. 23 August 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Volkswagen T-Roc priced at Rs 19.99 lakh in India". www.autodevot.com. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- Sagar (2020-04-30). "Volkswagen T-Roc Cabriolet launched in Germany". autodevot.com. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- "2018 Volkswagen T-Roc review". AutoFile. 23 November 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Volkswagen T-Roc R starts at €43,995". Autodevot. 18 August 2019. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Vishwakarma -, Ashutosh (2020-03-18). "Volkswagen T-Roc हुई लांच कीमत 19.99 लाख रुपये". Ask Me Auto. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Kew, Ollie (27 February 2014). "VW T-Roc concept (2014) first official pictures". CarMagazine. Retrieved 26 July 2014.