|First appearance||Thor #127 (Apr 1966)|
|Created by||Stan Lee and Jack Kirby|
|Place of origin||Asgard|
The character subsequently appeared in Thor #1-3 (July–September 1998), #29 (November 2000), #32 (January 2001), #35 (May 2001), and #43 (January 2002).
Volla appeared as part of the "Asgardians" entry in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #1.
Fictional character biography
According to Thor #295, Erda is Volla's sister.
Volla dies after making known her prophecies of Ragnarok. Those with the courage and bravery to journey into the Realm of the Dead may still obtain her predictions. There she exists as a simple wraith. In Thor #276 Loki reveals Hela summoned up her spirit so she and Loki could hear how to cause Ragnarok.
Powers and abilities
Volla has precognitive powers, which allow her to see alternate futures.
In other media
- Volla appears as a non-playable character in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, voiced by Nika Futterman. One of the optional missions in Niffleheim involves finding a trunk that contains her ring and its key is missing. This has been stolen by Kurse and Ulik. If the player recovers Volla's ring, she will warn Odin about an attempt on his life which will lead to the capture of Surtur in the years to come. If not, she won't warn Odin about an attempt on his life and the death of Odin will plunge Asgard into years of chaos during which Thor will rule Asgard after Sif dies in battle. On a side note, she has special dialogue with Ms. Marvel when the player first meets her, and with Blade after the player finds her ring. After the player beats Baron Mordo and Ultron, there are four replicas placed alongside Odin's spear. When the player has found Volla's ring, the real spear that would lead them to where Doctor Doom has taken Loki glows.
- Thor #295
- Thor #276
- The Official Site for Thor Comics
- Volla at the Marvel Universe wiki
- Volla at MarvelDirectory.com
- Volla on Marvel Ultimate Alliance
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|