|Privately held company|
|Founder||Alexander Zosel and Stephen Wolf|
|CEO: Florian Reuter, Chairman: Lukasz Gadowski|
Volocopter GmbH (formerly called E-Volo GmbH) is a German aircraft manufacturer based in Bruchsal (previously based in Karlsruhe) and founded by Alexander Zosel and Stephen Wolf. The company specializes in the design of electric multirotor helicopters in the form of ready-to-fly aircraft, designed for air taxi use.
The CEO is Florian Reuter and chairman Lukasz Gadowski.
The two-seat project that became the Volocopter 2X started in 2013, evolved from early single-seat Volocopter VC2 prototype flown in 2011. The two seat prototype was designated as the VC-200 and the derived production model the 2X.
The company received investments from a number of organizations including from Daimler AG, totalling €25M in 2017, to start 2X production. The aircraft entered serial production in April 2018 and will be built under contract by the German sailplane manufacturer DG Flugzeugbau.
Summary of aircraft built by Volocopter:
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 206. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Volocopter GmbH. "Volocopter - Company". www.volocopter.com. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Volocopter Two-Seater In Development". AVweb. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "E-Volo, Closer To Flying Car Functionality? (With Video)". AVweb. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Volocopter Fund Drive Breaks Records". AVweb. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Volocopter Starts Serial Production". AVweb. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Volocopter Draws 25 Million Euro Investment". AVweb. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volocopter aircraft.|