|• Mayor||Oleksandr Osmolovych|
|• Total||60.13 km2 (23.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||176 m (577 ft)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Area code||+380 3634|
Volodymyrets (Ukrainian: Володимирець, Russian: Влaдимирец, Polish: Włodzimierzec) is an urban-type settlement in Rivne Oblast (province) in western Ukraine. The town is also the administrative center of Volodymyrets Raion (district), housing the district's local administration buildings. Its population is 8,699 as of the 2001 Ukrainian Census. Current population: 9,272 (2017 est.)
The town is located at the confluence of the Styr and Horyn rivers. Volodymyrets was first founded in ancient Kievan Rus' times, and it acquired the status of an urban-type settlement in 1957.
Famous people from Volodymyrets
- Rafalivka, the other urban-type settlement in Volodymyrets Raion of Rivne Oblast
- "Volodymyrets (Rivne Oblast, Volodymyrets Raion)". weather.in.ua. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Volodymyrets, Rivne Oblast, Volodymyrets Raion". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 9 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "History of the formation of Volodymyrets". 34400.net (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 9 February 2012.
|This article about a location in Rivne Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|