From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Volunteers)
|Look up volunteer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Volunteer or Volunteers may refer to:
- Volunteering, the practice of people working on behalf of others without being motivated by financial or material gain
- Volunteers of America, U.S. religious group working in social welfare
- Military volunteer, in some countries this means a person who freely enlists for military service, as opposed to a conscript; in other countries this means a reservist (originally unpaid, thus "volunteer")
- Volunteer (Irish republican)
- Volunteer (Ulster loyalist)
- Loyal Volunteers, a white settler movement in the Conococheague Valley of colonial Pennsylvania sometimes known as the Black Boys Rebellion.
- Volunteer Corps, a military home defence force raised as part of the British anti-invasion preparations of 1803–1805
- Volunteer Force (Great Britain), a British military home defence force from 1857 to 1908
- The Volunteer (canal boat), a replica of a 19th-century canal boat which operates on the Illinois and Michigan Canal at LaSalle, Illinois, in the United States
- HMS Volunteer, the name of more than one ship of the British Royal Navy
- USS Volunteer, the name of more than one United States Navy ship
- Volunteer, North Carolina
- Volunteer Island, also called Starbuck Island, among the Line Islands of Kiribati
- Volunteer Park (Seattle)
- Volunteer Point, Falkland Islands
- Volunteer Hotel, former pub in Balmain, Sydney, Australia
- Volunteer State Community College, community college located in Gallatin, Tennessee
- Volunteer State Athletic Conference, a defunct Tennessee college conference
- Volunteer 500, the original name of the Sharpie 500 NASCAR race
- Volunteer (yacht), the winner of the 1887 America's Cup
- The Volunteers (or Vols), the nickname of the University of Tennessee sports teams
- Volunteers (Jefferson Airplane album) (1969)
- Volunteers (Spear of Destiny album) (2001)
- "Volunteers" (song), the title song of the Airplane's Volunteers album
- Volunteers (film) a 1985 comedy film starring John Candy and Tom Hanks
- Volunteer (band), Ukrainian punk/metal band
- Volunteer (botany), a desirable plant that grows on its own, rather than being planted.
- Volunteer Officers' Decoration, awarded to officers of the Volunteer Force in the British Empire
- Volunteer Examiner Coordinator any organization approved for the administration of U.S. amateur radio license examinations.
- VoluntEARS, the term for Disney cast members who volunteer their time for charitable or community causes
- Voluntarism (disambiguation)
- Voluntary (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "Volunteer"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Volunteer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.