Volvo P2 platform
|Volvo P2 platform|
|Also called||Ford D3 platform, a derivative of Volvo's P2 platform|
|Production||Volvo P2: 1998–2016|
|Body and chassis|
front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive
|Predecessor||Volvo P80 platform|
|Successor||Volvo P3 platform|
The Volvo P2 platform is a global full-size unibody automobile platform developed and produced by Volvo. It is designed for single wheelbases and is adaptable to front- or all wheel drive configurations. It was developed by the automaker before its 1999 acquisition by Ford Motor Company, and debuted with the 1998 Volvo S80.
The platform was in use from 1998 and was slowly phased out beginning in 2006. The first generation XC90 remained in production until 2014 at which point it was the only model still in production based on this platform. For the Chinese market a special version of the XC90 called XC Classic was made from 2014 to 2016. After the second generation XC90 had been launched in all markets the platform was retired.
|P2 platform vehicles (Volvo)|
|Vehicle Name||Image||Production||Bodystyle(s)||Model Code||Notes|
|Volvo S80||1998–2006||4-door saloon||
||launched for the 1999 model year|
|Volvo S60||2000–2009||4-door saloon||
|Volvo V70||2000–2007||5-door estate||
|Volvo XC70||2000–2007||5-door estate||
|Volvo XC90||2002–2014||5-door crossover SUV||
||launched for the 2003 model year|
|Volvo XC Classic||2014–2016||5-door crossover SUV||P28||rebranded version of the XC90|
- Zhang Ning (15 September 2014). "售54.89-63.89万 沃尔沃XC Classic上市" [54.89-63.89 million RMB Volvo XC Classic on sale]. www.autohome.com.cn (in cn). Archived from the original on 2017-09-21. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "4T65E Vehicle App List". www.tripleedgeperformance.com. Archived from the original on 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- Volvo Car Corporation (4 October 2012). (PDF). static.nhtsa.gov. NHTSA. p. 4–5. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Archived Copy". 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-11-20. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- Volvo Car Corporation. "Volvo S80. Ultra Modern Process With New Sophisticated Electrical System". www.volvoclub.org.uk (Press release). Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- Archived from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
site has anti-adblock and archive is anti-adblocked[Drive review Volvo S80 2.4]. www.auto-motor-und-sport.de (in German). Auto, Motor und Sport. 2 April 2003.
- Volvo Car Corporation (22 January 2003). "Virutal car design: From 'stone age' to 21st century in eight years". www.media.volvocars.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-11. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Volvo Car Corporation (14 July 2014). "End of an era as Swedish production of Volvo XC90 stops after 12 years". www.media.volvocars.com (Press release). Archived from the original on 2017-07-02. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "Da torm anikiner och ergonomi i produkt- oc h produktion sutveckling" [Computer mechanics and ergonomics in product and production development] (PDF) (in Swedish and English). 2004. pp. 47–49. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Adrian Padeanu (11 September 2014). "First generation Volvo XC90 to live on in China as XC Classic". www.motor1.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-10. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Tycho de Feijter (16 September 2014). "Volvo XC Classic hits the Chinese car market". www.carnewschina.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-28. Retrieved 2017-07-14.