|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact executive estate/crossover|
|Body style||5-door estate
front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive
|Platform||Volvo P3 platform|
|Related||Volvo S60 II
T3 1.6L (150 hp)
T4 1.6L (180 hp)
T5 2.0L (240 hp)
T6 3.0L (304 hp)
1.6L DRIVe turbocharged - low emission I4 (115 hp)
D3 2.0L turbocharged I5 (163 hp)
D5 D5 twin-turbocharged I5 (205 hp)
|Transmission||6-speed Volvo M66 manual,
6-speed Aisin TF-80SC automatic,
8-speed Aisin TG-81SC automatic
The Volvo V60 is a five-door wagon produced by Volvo. This vehicle was released in 2011 and redesigned for the 2014 model year. This vehicle was only sold in the European market until 2014, when it was released into the North American market. For 2014, a raised variant of the vehicle was released, known as the V60 Cross Country. This new car is meant to compete with the newly redesigned Audi allroad quattro. The V60 is offered in both regular design and R-Design.
V60 plug-in hybrid
A pre-production version of the Volvo V60 diesel-electric transmission plug-in hybrid was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2011. The V60 plug-in is the result of close cooperation between Volvo Cars and Swedish energy supplier Vattenfall. The V60 plug-in has a price of around €50,000 (£40,000, US$64,600).
In September 2012, Volvo announced that the first 1,000 units were sold out before the model year 2013 vehicles were delivered to the dealerships. The carmaker ramped up production of the 2014 model year to 5,000 units for 2013. The first 1,000 units of the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid were part of a "Pure Limited" edition with electric silver livery. The diesel-electric car also has aero-designed 17-inch wheels, integrated exhaust tailpipes and a number of bodywork features in glossy black.
The V60 Plug-in Hybrid features a six-speed automatic transmission and the front wheels are driven by a five-cylinder 2.4-litre D5 turbo diesel, which produces 215 hp and maximum torque of 440 Nm. The rear axle features ERAD (Electric Rear Axle Drive) in the form of an electric motor producing 70 hp and maximum torque of 200 Nm, powered from a 12 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Volvo expects to achieve an all-electric range of up to 50 km (31 mi), and a fuel economy of 124 miles per gallon of gasoline equivalent (1.8 l/100 km), with carbon dioxide emissions averaging 49 g/km. The interaction between diesel and electric power is handled via a control system, and the driver has the option to choose the preferred driving mode via three buttons on the instrument panel: Pure, Hybrid and Power.
- In Pure Mode the car runs only on its electric motor as much as possible. The driving range is up to 50 km (31 mi). Battery range varies with terrain, climate and driving style.
- Hybrid Mode is the default mode whenever the car is started. The diesel engine and electric motor interact to provide the optimal balance between driving pleasure and low environmental impact. Emissions of CO2 are 49 g/km (EU Combined), corresponding to diesel fuel consumption of 1.8 l/100 km. The car's total range is up to 1,200 kilometres (750 mi).
- In Power Mode, the hybrid system is optimised to give the car the best possible performance. The electric motor's lightning-quick torque delivery contributes to the car's 0 to 100 kph acceleration time of 6.1 seconds.
In April 2014 Volvo announced the addition of an R-Design version of its V60 Plug-in Hybrid, which features a number of unique interior and exterior features that create a sporty look.
Markets and sales
Deliveries began in Sweden in late 2012, and in the UK began in June 2013. A total of 13,549 units have sold in Europe through December 2014. As of December 2014[update], sales are led by the Netherlands with 9,707 units registered, followed by Sweden with 1,388 units delivered. The Volvo V60 PHEV has ranked as the second best selling plug-in hybrid in Europe in 2013 and 2014, both times after the Mitsubishi Outlander P-HEV.
- The Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid was one of the top three finalists for the 2013 World Green Car of the Year. The car won Car of The Year at the 2011 Middle East Motor Awards.
Volvo V60 Cross Country
The Volvo V60 Cross Country is the raised variant of the Volvo V60 released in 2015. This vehicle is sold in both North American and European markets, and is the first raised variant of the Volvo V60 to ever be produced. This car also comes standard with all-wheel drive in North America, and consists of a more rugged, durable image. This model can be equipped with the brand new VEA engines, offering an even more efficient drive.
- Autoblog staff (2011-03-11). "Geneva 2011: Volvo V60 Plug-In Hybrid plugs in at the PalExpo". Autoblog Green. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Piers Ward (November 2011). "Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid driven". Top Gear (magazine). Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Blanco, Sebastian (2012-09-28). "First 1,000 Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrids already sold out". Autoblog Green. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- McVeigh, Paul (2011-01-27). "Geneva auto show: Volvo prepares to unveil V60 plug-in hybrid". Autoweek. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Volvo Cars Press Release (2014-04-24). "Volvo Cars adds R-Design version of V60 diesel Plug-in Hybrid". Green Car Congress. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- "2012 (Full Year) Sweden: Best-Selling Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrid Models". BestSellingCars.com. 2013-04-02. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Fleet News (2013-06-12). "First UK delivery of V60 Plug-in Hybrid to Surrey eco business". Fleet News. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Nick Gibbs (2015-04-24). "Plug-ins poised to be Europe's top electrified drivetrain". Automotive News Europe. Retrieved 2015-04-26. A total of 5,441 Volvo V60 PHEVs were sold in Europe in 2014.
- Graeme Roberts (2014-10-24). "Vehicle Analysis: Mitsubishi's top-selling Outlander PHEV". Just auto. Retrieved 2015-04-26. A total of 8,066 Volvo V60 plug-in hybrids were sold in 2013.
- Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (RVO) (January 2015). "Cijfers elektrisch vervoer - Aantal geregistreerde elektrische voertuigen in Nederland - Top 5 geregistreerde modellen plug-in hybride elektrische voertuigen (31-12-2014) - Top 6 geregistreerde modellen volledig elektrische voertuigen (31-12-2014)" [Figures electric transport - Number of registered electric vehicles in Netherlands, Top 5 registered plug-in electric hybrid vehicle models (12-31-2014) and Top 6 registered all-electric vehicle models (12-31-2014)] (PDF) (in Dutch). RVO (Dutch National Office for Enterprising). Retrieved 2015-04-26. Click the url to download the file "2014-cijfers-elektrisch-vervoer-tm-december-2014.pdf.pdf" See under the heading "31-12-2014" for total registrations figures at the end of December 2014.
- Bil Sweden (2015-01-02). "Nyregistreringar december 2014 (prel)" [New registrations in December 2014 (preliminar)] (in Swedish). Bil Sweden. Retrieved 2015-01-03. Download file "Nyregistreringar december 2014 (prel)" see tables: "Nyregistrerade supermiljöbilar december 2014" with summary of plug-in passenger car registrations by model for 2013 (revised) and 2014.
- PRNewswire (2013-03-28). "And Now There Is One.... Tesla Model S Declared 2013 World Green Car". International Business Times. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- http://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new-models/v60-cross-country/gallery Volvo V60 Cross Country