Von Steuben Metropolitan High School
|Von Steuben Metropolitan High School|
"We are a professional learning community."
|5039 N. Kimball Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60641
|School type||Public Secondary Magnet|
|School district||Chicago Public Schools|
|Principal||Laura A. LeMone|
|Athletics conference||Chicago Public League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Newspaper||The Panther Press|
Von Steuben Metropolitan High School (also known as Von Steuben Metropolitan Science High School) is a public 4–year magnet high school located in the North Park neighborhood on the north side of Chicago, Illinois, United States. Opened in 1928, Von Steuben is operated by the Chicago Public Schools district and is named for military officer Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben.
Von Steuben was named an Outstanding American High School by U.S. News & World Report in 1999 and mentioned in Newsweek's America's Best High Schools list in 2003. According to the U.S. News & World Report in 2012, Von Steuben ranks at #49 at the state level and #1273 at the national level.
Von Steuben competes in the Chicago Public League (CPL) and is a member of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA). Von Steuben sport teams are nicknamed Panthers. In the 2002–03 season, The boys’ sophomore basketball team won the Chicago Class AA city title. In 2004–05 and 2005–06, The boys' varsity water polo team won the city title. In the 2011–12 season, the boys' sophomore volleyball team were named city champions. In the 2014-2015 season the boys' freshman, JV, and varsity teams all were named city champions. 
- Boys' Soccer
- Girls' Swimming
- Girls' Volleyball
- Girls' Tennis
- Boys' and Girls' Cross-Country
- Boys' and Girls' Golf
- Boys' Football for the first time (currently Frosh–Soph)
- Boys' NBAs and Girls' Basketball
- Girls' Bowling
- Boys' Swimming
- Boys' and Girls' Indoor Track
- Boys' Baseball
- Girls' Softball
- Boys' and Girls' Soccer
- Boys' Tennis
- Boys' Volleyball
- Boys' and Girls' Volleyball
- Boys' and Girls' Track and Field
- Boys' and Girls' Water Polo
Von Steuben placed 2nd out of 17 Chicago Public Schools in the 2011 CPS Debate Tournament. Nasser and Sean ran the missile defense affirmative to near perfection thanks to the tutelage of the famed former University of Illinois debater, Kurt Hilgendorf. 
- Charlene Barshefsky – former United States Trade Representative.
- Rosalyn Bryant – 1976 Olympic silver medalist in the 4x400 meter relay.
- Howie Carl – basketball player, played for Ray Meyer at DePaul University and played pro basketball for the NBA's Chicago Packers.
- Albert Goldbarth – poet and author.
- Ash-har Quraishi – broadcast journalist; formerly CNN's bureau chief in Islamabad.
- Marv Rotblatt – former MLB player (Chicago White Sox).
- Lynn Sweet – Chicago Sun-Times Washington DC bureau chief.
- Chicago Public Schools: Von Stueben
- "Institution Summary for Von Steuben Metropolitan Science Center". AdvancED profile. North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. Retrieved 3 September 2012.