|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: VGAS SDB|
|Lukas Lundin (Chairman of the board), Per Brilioth (Managing director)|
|Profit||$950.6 million (2007)|
|Total assets||$4.984 billion (2007)|
Number of employees
Vostok Gas Ltd (named Vostok Nafta Investment Ltd prior to 24 May 2007) was an investment company mainly focused on oil and gas from the former Soviet Union. The company was founded in 1996 and had its headquarters in Bermuda. Almost all Vostok Gas's holdings were American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) in Russia's Gazprom, which made the company owner of approximately 1.5% of Gazprom. The company was listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange and was a member of the OMX Stockholm 30 index between July 2006 and January 2009.
At a December 2008 EGM, shareholders approved the liquidation of the company as proposed by the company's board. The board had stated that the market volatility caused by the 2008 financial crisis had removed the attractiveness of a holding company for Gazprom ADRs. During liquidation, shareholders received Gazprom ADRs in exchange for their Swedish Depositary Receipts in Vostok Gas.
- "Annual Report 2007". Vostok Gas. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- "Boliden och Vostok Nafta på finlista". Helsingborgs Dagblad (in Swedish). 2 June 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting in Vostok Gas Ltd" (PDF). Vostok Gas. 9 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Extra General Meeting in Vostok Gas Ltd". Vostok Gas. 23 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Vostok to distribute Gazprom ADRs to investors". Reuters. 9 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- Official website (in English)