Voxan is a French motorcycle manufacturer established in Issoire, France, in 1995. Initiated by Jacques Gardette, the project was to build the first French motorcycle company in the global market involving different partners. Alain Chevallier designed the chassis, while Sodemo Moteurs focused on the engine. The first prototype was shown in 1997, and the first production model released in 1999.
Founded by Jacques Gardette in 1995, and financially backed by the Dassault Group in 1996, Voxan set out to become the first French motorcycle manufacturer in the modern era. In 1999, the first model, the limited production Roadster, was delivered to dealerships and sold exactly 50 units. The company then launched the Café Racer model in 2000, and the Scrambler model a year later. Although Voxan had garnered support for its products within France, the company continued to struggle against the established Japanese and Italian brands. In June 2002, Didier Cazeaux and Société de Développement et de Participation bought Voxan to ensure its continuity, and production restarted on April 1, 2003. The Street Scrambler model was released in 2003, and the Scrambler and Black Magic models in 2004. Voxan opened its 23rd dealership, and its first in Luxembourg in May, 2005. In October, 2007, Voxan had an initial public offering on Euronext, with both Sodemo Moteurs, and Fortune Terres Luxembourg considering takeover bids.
On December 22, 2009, Voxan was forced into liquidation, and is now a subsidiary of the Monaco-based Venturi Automobiles. Upon acquisition Voxan's manufacturing department ceased production, and its engineering staff were relocated to Venturi's headquarters in Fontvieille, Monaco. In June 2010, Venturi announced Voxan's new eco-friendly corporate plan, evolving the creation of an electric motorcycle by 2013.
|2007||Starck Super Naked||No|||
- Autoevolution (2008–2012). "Everything about VOXAN - Voxan Brand History". Autoevolution. SoftNews NET. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Electro Velocity (2011). "Venturi buys Voxan Motorcycles". Electro Velocity. Best Green Blogs. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- VOXAN-SCCM | European Equities
- Business - Liquidation : Guillaume Maillard (Sodemo) : les liquidateurs de Voxan n'ont pas fait leur travail
- Voxan en liquidation judiciaire faute de repreneur
- Voxan : le repreneur luxembourgeois confirme son intérêt (in French), Moto Mag
- Motorcycle.com (2010). "Venturi Automobiles buys Voxan motorcycles". Motorcycle.com. Motorcycle.com Forum Network. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Essai VOXAN 1000 Roadster Bluffant !
- Voxan Café Racer
- Essai VOXAN 1000 Scrambler La moto plaisir
- Essai VOXAN 1000 Street Scrambler Street, Scrambler ou les deux ?
- Voxan VB1 1000 2001 - Fiche moto - MOTOPLANETE
- Voxan Charade Racing
- News moto 2008 : Voxan GTV 1200 - Moto Station
- A quick look at Voxan’s French V-twin range and the Starck Super Naked concept » The Biker Gene
- Moto Infos : Essai du VOXAN VX10
- Voxan Wattman becomes the Most Powerful Production Electric Motorcycle Ever
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Voxan motorcycles.|