|Founded||January 2, 2012Manchester, United Kingdomin|
VoxelStorm Ltd is a British independent game development studio, video game publisher and music publisher. The company was founded by Eugene Hopkinson, and is based in England and Scotland. VoxelStorm has developed and released several games, most nostably AdvertCity and sphereFACE.
VoxelStorm's games tend to focus on Retrofuturism and cyberpunk themes, with dark cynical humour. The settings of their games are frequently procedurally generated. The graphics in VoxelStorm games tend to be heavily stylized rather than realistic.
VoxelStorm has been described as placing a great deal of emphasis on creating rich original soundtracks for their games. The AdvertCity Soundtrack has received critical praise for its unusual genre choices for video game music, variously described as "cyber-jazz" and "postrock, jazz & glitch". It has been called "A profound and stunning accomplishment, even as a standalone soundtrack."
- GolfXTRM EP by Skin Walker (18 November 2012)
- VoxelStorm Official Soundtrack 1 by Skin Walker & Hodson (8 October 2013)
- AdvertCity Demo OST by Waveland & DorianSRed (16 March 2014)
- Fractyr by Waveland (7 June 2014)
- AdvertCity OST by Waveland & DorianSRed (1 August 2014)
- sphereFACE Demo OST by Hodson & Skin Walker (25 June 2015)
- "VoxelStorm is a small indie game studio based in England and Scotland, composed of a group of enthusiastic, experienced game developers, focusing on self-built 3D engines and innovative game designs". voxelstorm.com. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Rock Paper Shotgun - VoxelStorm". Rock Paper Shotgun. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Stretch, Kelly (July 23, 2015). "sphereFACE – A retro-3D vector shooter". G3AR. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Brown, Fraser. "Drown a cyberpunk city in adverts with AdvertCity". PCGamesN. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Lambert, Liam. "Kickstarter of the Week: AdvertCity". Gizorama. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Priestman, Chris. "Affect The Economy Of A Cyberpunk City With Advertisements In AdvertCity". Siliconera. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Louwrens, Rogan. "Clubbing under the influence: GolfXTRM". Hidden Exit. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Glass, Garrett (27 March 2014). "Virtual City Life - AdvertCity". The Koalition. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "CyberPunk Advertisement Tycoon Game Discovered - News - Altered Confusion™ The Place to Alter your Gaming Confusion". alteredconfusion.com. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Nelson, Buddy (15 April 2016). "AdvertCity OST: VoxelStorm feat. DorianSRed & Waveland – noirish ambience and dark, dense production". JamSphere. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Lambert, Liam. "Swings and Roundabouts™ – AdvertCity Review". Gizorama. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Chris, Priestman. "Affect The Economy Of A Cyberpunk City With Advertisements In AdvertCity". Siliconera. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "GolfXTRM - First person golf game with no HUDs, no aiming aids, no course map, no teleport between shots, and nothing to help you find the ball". itch.io. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Fractyr - A vaguely Descent-inspired abstract 6-degree-of-freedom indoor flight sim / tunnel shooter". itch.io. Retrieved 1 December 2015.