|Traded as||NYSE: VOYA|
|Founded||1991 (as subsidiary of ING)
2013 (as standalone company)
New York, New York
|Rodney O. Martin, Jr. (2014—Chairman, CEO)|
|Products||Retirement Services, insurance, asset management, employee benefits|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
Number of Employees — Owners — Key People: CEO
Voya Financial is an American financial, retirement, investment and insurance company based in New York, New York. Voya began as ING U.S., the United States operating subsidiary of ING Group, which was spun off in 2013 and established independent financial backing through an initial public offering. In April 2014, the company rebranded itself as Voya Financial. Voya's predecessors had first entered the U.S. market in the 1970s.
As of 2013, Voya served over 13 million customers with over $500 billion in assets under management.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2015)|
The company's main center for broker-dealer (the ING Financial Partners division) and annuities businesses is located in Des Moines, Iowa. This center was first established in 1997 and employed 400 as of late 2014.
- "Voya Financial Business Overview" (PDF). Voya. 2015. Retrieved 20 Apr 2015.
- "Major Shareholders". Morningstar, Inc. Retrieved 20 Apr 2015.
- Gardyasz, Joe (14 Mar 2014). "ING rebranding as Voya Financial". Business Record. Des Moines, Iowa: Business Publications. Retrieved 21 Apr 2015.
- Mathis, Karen Brune (21 Mar 2014). "ING U.S. becomes Voya". Financial News & Daily Record. Jacksonville, Florida.
- Patane, Matthew (2 Sep 2014). "Voya's Des Moines office to celebrate end of rebranding". The Des Moines Register. Retrieved 21 Apr 2015.