|Spring of Bosna|
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Wikimedia Commons: Vrelo Bosne|
Spring of the Bosna river (Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian: Vrelo Bosne / Врело Босне; pronounced [ʋrê.lo bôs.neː]) is a public park, featuring a spring of the River Bosna, at the foothills of the Mount Igman on the outskirts of Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Vrelo Bosne, in the municipality of Ilidža, is one of the country's popular natural landmarks and provides a quiet escape from an otherwise busy city life. A Roman Bridge is located not far from Vrelo Bosne on the Bosna river in the Ilidža municipality, which was built sometime between 1530 and 1550 from the original Roman stones and ruins of the bridge that stood there during the Roman period used to connect the Romans with the village of Aquae Sulphurae at the time. Ilidža is also known to have been an archaeological site dating 2400–2000BC.
The park is usually entered by foot or, for a reasonable price, by horse-carriage via the 3 kilometer straight main avenue (Velika Aleja) leading into it. The avenue itself contains traditional buildings from the Austro-Hungarian-era offering a peek into the luxuries of the past.
The paths and roads inside the park are ideal for walks and bicycle riding and give the visitors the opportunity to take a closer look at the bubbling streams and waterfalls. Outdoor cafés and restaurants are available offering drinks and food but opening times vary from season to season. Typical animals are ducks and swans among others.
During the Bosnian War the park was not maintained and trees were chopped and used for heating by the local citizens. In 2000 the park was restored to its former look by local youths led by an international ecological organization.
- Adults: 2 KM (local currency: convertible mark)
- Pensioners, students, disabled: 1 km
- Children from 7–16 years old: 1 km
- Children with special needs or up to 7 years old: Entry free
Money earned through park entry fees are used to up-keep the park by KJU Zaštićena prirodna područja Kantona Sarajevo.KJU link
- "Sarajevo grad bogate historije". hamdocamo.wordpress.com. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Voda na Vrelu Bosne je pogodna za piće!". klix.ba. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Vrelo Bosne od početka godine posjetilo 60.000 turista". klix.ba. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Sutra biciklijada na Vrelu Bosne". klix.ba. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Snimak iz zraka: Ovako pod snijegom izgledaju Vrelo Bosne i Rimski most". klix.ba. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "Zmajevi trenirali na prelijepom Vrelu Bosne". reprezentacija.ba. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Naplaćivanje ulaznica na Vrelo Bosne donosi rezultate: Skupljen novac za početno fijakersko stajalište". oslobodjenje.ba. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vrelo Bosne.|