The village centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Vrouwenpolder in the municipality of Veere.
|Population (1 January 2010)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Vrouwenpolder is a village in the Dutch province of Zeeland. It is a part of the municipality of Veere, and lies about 9 km north of Middelburg. The name is derived from "the polder of Our Lady", referring to the Virgin Mary.
Vrouwenpolder was a separate municipality until 1966, when it was merged with Veere. Its formal long name was 'Onze-Lieve-Vrouwenpolder, Schellach en Zanddijk-Buiten'. The former municipality of Gapinge was added to O.L.Vrouwenpolder in 1857.
In 2001, the village of Vrouwenpolder had 795 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.21 km², and contained 351 residences. The statistical area "Vrouwenpolder", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 1320.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 19, 2006. Retrieved November 28, 2003.. (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005 . As of 1 January 2005.
- "Nudist beach Vrouwenpolder". naaktstrandje.nl. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Vrouwenpolder". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vrouwenpolder.|
|This article about a location in Zeeland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|