Miodrag Petrović Čkalja
|Country of origin||SFR Yugoslavia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||55 minutes|
|Original network||TV Belgrade|
|Original release||6 January – 10 March 1980|
Vruć vetar (Serbian Cyrillic: Врућ ветар, English: Hot Wind) is one of the most popular Yugoslav TV series that aired in 1980. The show and movie cut from scenes of the show (Avanture Borivoja Šurdilovića (Serbian Cyrillic: Авантуре Боривоја Шурдиловића, English: The Adventures of Borivoje Šurdilović)) were also popular in neighbouring countries (Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria, as well as in Czechoslovakia. The main theme (titled "A sad adio", "Now it's time to say goodbye", performed - among others - by Oliver Dragojević) became very popular and is enjoying a bit of a cult status.
The show follows the adventures of Šurda, a man in his mid 30s from Vlasotince who comes to Belgrade to work and get rich. In Belgrade he lives in a small house with his granny and uncle Firga, a retired mason. Šurda buys a local barbershop, but this job doesn't suit him, so Šurda sells the barbershop and buys a car to become a taxi driver. He is not successful in this job either, so Šurda, after listening to Bob's story about better life abroad, decides to become gastarbeiter, a guest worker in Germany. But none of the jobs he finds are right for him, so he is forced to return to Yugoslavia. Here, he meets Vesna, an attractive stewardess, and the couple eventually get married. Firga succeeds in employing Šurda in his former construction firm. There, Šurda, with a little cheating, wins a flat that the company gives for its own workers, but after some internal problems within the company, Šurda is forced to fight for the flat. Eventually, Firga is awarded a new flat, so the whole family settle to a new home and they find that their new flat is occupied by Pera, a homeless chemist.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)
- Ljubiša Samardžić — Borivoje Šurdilović "Šurda"
- Bora Todorović — Slobodan Mihajlović "Bob", Šurda's friend and "partner"
- Miodrag Petrović Čkalja — Blagoje Popović "Firga", Šurda's uncle
- Radmila Savićević — Šurda's Granny
- Žika Milenković — Sotir Šurdilović "Soća", Šurda's father
- Vesna Čipčić — Vesna Šurdilović, Šurda's wife
- Ljubica Ković — Šurda's mother
- Dragomir Bojanić Gidra — Krstivoje, Šurda's partner
- Čedomir Petrović — Pera
- Čovek na pogresnom mestu (A Man in the Wrong Place) — 6 January 1980
- Taksista (A Taxidriver) — 13 January 1980
- Gastarbajter (Gastarbeiter) — 20 January 1980
- Kobni susret (The Fatal Encounter) — 27 January 1980
- Bračni vir (Marriage Whirl) — 3 February 1980
- Stan (Flat) — 10 February 1980
- Na barikadama (On Barricades) — 17 February 1980
- Pronalazak (The Invention) — 24 February 1980
- Brodolom (Shipwreck) — 3 March 1980
- Šampion (The Champion) — 10 March 1980