3.0.3 / July 25, 2015
|Operating system||Unix-like systems|
vsftpd supports explicit (since 2.0.0) and implicit (since 2.1.0) FTPS.
In July 2011, it was discovered that vsftpd version 2.3.4 downloadable from the master site had been compromised. Users logging into a compromised vsftpd-2.3.4 server may issue a ":)" smileyface as the username and gain a command shell on port 6200. This was not an issue of a security hole in vsftpd, instead, an unknown attacker had uploaded a different version of vsftpd which contained a backdoor. Since then, the site was moved to Google App Engine.
- "README file from source code".[dead link]
- vsftpd Compromised Source Packages Backdoor Vulnerability at SecurityFocus
- Evans, Chris (2011-06-03). "Alert: vsftpd download backdoored". Retrieved July 7, 2011.
- "vsftpd". Freecode.
- vsftpd Forum a vsftpd support Forum
- Guide to setting up vsftpd including TLS/SSL encryption
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|