|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Stable release||6.4.0 / October 16, 2015|
|Available in||multilingual (~20)|
|Type||Customer Relationship Management|
|License||vtiger Public License Version 1.2 (based on the MPL 1.1)|
Vtiger CRM is a popular open source CRM application developed by the company Vtiger. Vtiger CRM is available as free open source software based on PHP and MySQL, and as a subscription-based cloud application through Vtiger's website.
In September 2010, Vtiger launched Vtiger CRM On Demand, a cloud-based version of its downloadable CRM. This eliminated the need for developers to install and support the application on-premise.
In 2014, Vtiger launched Vtiger CRM 6.0, which is the current major version of Vtiger Open Source. This included an interface redesign and a built-in extension marketplace, enabling third-party developers to develop plugins and extensions for Vtiger CRM, which non-technical users could then purchase and install directly from the Vtiger CRM interface. In 2014, Vtiger CRM was also named an open source market leader for 7 of the last 8 years. By late 2014, Vtiger CRM been downloaded on SourceForge more than 3.7 million times.
On June 29, 2016, Vtiger CRM open source crossed both 4.5 million downloads on SourceForge, and 100 third party extensions listed on the Vtiger extension marketplace.
In its most recent version 6.3.0 (current as of June 4, 2015), vtiger offers all the usual CRM functions:
- Sales automation (customizable product entries, inventory management, quotations, billing, and trouble ticketing)
- Customer support & service functions, including a customer self-service portal
- Marketing automation (lead generation, campaign support, knowledge bases)
- Inventory Management
- Analysis and reporting
User interaction features include:
- Integration with corporate E-mail systems (plugin for Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird extension)
- Support of the Asterisk PBX phone system
- Tag cloud functionality
- RSS feed subscription
- PDF document generation via the TCPDF library
- Integration with QuickBooks Accounting Packages, Magento Shopping Cart.
In addition, vtiger features multiple database support, security management, and various web forms. The project is available in 22 different languages.
Interface similarities between vtiger and the CRM module of the Zoho Office Suite have been noted, however, this seems to be attributable to common corporate sponsorship, not to a common software code base.
vtiger CRM installation is done entirely from an HTML/PHP web interface. One can install vtiger CRM 4.X and 5.x on a standard webserver using cPanel provided they have the correct version of PHP and MySQL already installed. Beginning with version 5.x, the vtiger CRM package is available with an optional PHP/MySQL bundled installer. The procedure involves downloading the .tar files from the vtiger CRM website and then using the control panel file manager to upload and untar the source files. Open source program files, extensions, and language packs are available from the vtiger CRM downloads page.
Business card reader for Vtiger CRM - save business cards info into Vtiger CRM as contacts.
- Vtiger CRM public download archive
- vtiger Launches Open Source CRM
- download count by Dec 2004
- download count by April 2005
- download count by March 2007
- Vtiger Crm on demand announcement
- The Vtiger Marketplace
- destination CRM award announcements
- download count by Dec 2013
- download count by June 2016
- vtiger CRM Official Website
- English (UK) vtiger CRM Support | vtiger CRM Solution Provider | vtiger CRM Development | vtiger CRM Customization
- English (UK) vtiger CRM Solution Provider