|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
6.4.0 / October 16, 2015
|Available in||multilingual (~20)|
|Type||Customer Relationship Management|
|License||Vtiger Public License Version 1.2 (based on the MPL 1.1)|
Vtiger CRM is an open source CRM application developed by the company Vtiger. Vtiger CRM is available as free open source software based on PHP and MySQL, and as a subscription-based cloud application through Vtiger's website.
In September 2010, Vtiger launched Vtiger CRM On Demand, a cloud-based version of its downloadable CRM. This eliminated the need for developers to install and support the application on-premise.
In 2014, Vtiger launched Vtiger CRM 6.0, which is the current major version of Vtiger Open Source. This included an interface redesign and a built-in extension marketplace, enabling third-party developers to develop plugins and extensions for Vtiger CRM, which non-technical users could then purchase and install directly from the Vtiger CRM interface. In 2014, Vtiger CRM was also named an open source market leader for 7 of the last 8 years. By late 2014, Vtiger CRM been downloaded on SourceForge more than 3.7 million times.
On June 29, 2016, Vtiger CRM open source crossed both 4.5 million downloads on SourceForge, and 100 third party extensions listed on the Vtiger extension marketplace.
In its most recent version 6.3.0 (current as of June 4, 2015), Vtiger offers the following CRM functions:
- Sales automation (customizable product entries, inventory management, quotations, billing, and trouble ticketing)
- Customer support & service functions, including a customer self-service portal
- Marketing automation (lead generation, campaign support, knowledge bases)
- Inventory Management
- Analysis and reporting
User interaction features include:
- Integration with corporate E-mail systems (plugin for Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird extension)
- Support of the Asterisk PBX phone system
- Tag cloud functionality
- RSS feed subscription
- PDF document generation via the TCPDF library
- Integration with QuickBooks Accounting Packages, Magento Shopping Cart.
In addition, Vtiger features multiple database support, security management, and various web forms. The project is available in 22 different languages.
Vtiger CRM installation is done entirely from an HTML/PHP web interface. One can install Vtiger CRM 4.X and 5.x on a standard webserver using cPanel provided they have the correct version of PHP and MySQL already installed. Beginning with version 5.x, the Vtiger CRM package is available with an optional PHP/MySQL bundled installer. Open source program files, extensions, and language packs are available from the Vtiger CRM downloads page.
Business Card Reader for Vtiger CRM is an application for saving business cards info as contacts into Vtiger CRM.
- "Vtiger CRM".
- "Vtiger CRM - Browse /vtiger CRM Release Archive at SourceForge.net".
- Marson, Ingrid. "vTiger launches open source CRM - ZDNet".
- "Download Statistics: All Files (Dec 2004)".
- "Download Statistics: All Files (April 2005)".
- "Download Statistics: All Files (March 2007)".
- svk (28 July 2010). "Introducing vtiger CRM On Demand: True open source in the cloud".
- magazine, the Editors of CRM (1 August 2014). "The 2014 CRM Market Leaders".
- "Download Statistics: All Files (Dec 2013)".
- "Download Statistics: All Files (June 2016)".
- "vtiger Delivers True Open Source CRM in the Cloud".
- Frank Piepiorra: Vtiger CRM v6.3.0 - User and Administration Manual. Lulu.com, 2015, ISBN 978-1-329-19662-9.
- Frank Piepiorra: Vtiger CRM v6.4.0 - User and Administration Manual. Lulu.com, 2016, ISBN 978-1-365-01635-6.