|Born||1975 (age 42–43)
Vu Tran was born in Saigon, Vietnam in 1975 and grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He graduated from the University of Tulsa with an MA, from the Iowa Writers' Workshop with an MFA, and from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas as a Glenn Schaeffer Fellow in Fiction with a PhD.
- 2011 Finalist Award – Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Literature
- 2009 Whiting Award
- 2004 Lawrence Foundation Prize from the Michigan Quarterly Review
- 2003 Short-Story Award for New Writers from Glimmer Train Stories
- "The Other Country". Harvard Review. Harvard University. 28. Spring 2005.
- "Vespertine". FiveChapters. 2010. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- Dragonfish (W. W. Norton, 2015)
- Susan Burmeister-Brown, Linda Swanson-Davies, eds. (November 1, 2002). "Monsoon". Glimmer Train Stories, #45. Glimmer Train Press Inc. ISBN 978-1-880966-44-0.
- Laura Furman, ed. (2007). "The Gift of Years". The O. Henry Prize Stories 2007. Random House, Inc. ISBN 978-0-307-27688-9.
- Jarret Keene & Todd James Pierce, ed. (2008). "This or Any Desert". Las Vegas Noir. Akashic Books. ISBN 978-1-93335-449-1.