|Developer(s)||Hamrick Software (Ed Hamrick; David Hamrick)|
|Stable release||9.5.35 / 3 January 2016|
|Operating system||Windows 9x, NT 4 or later,
Mac OS X Panther or later,
Ubuntu Linux 8.10 or later,
Red Hat Linux 9 or later
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|Size||Windows: 6 MB
Mac OS: 9 MB
Linux: 6 MB
|Type||Image scanner and optical character recognition|
VueScan enables the user to tweak and fine-tune the scanning parameters. The program uses its own independent method to interface with scanner hardware, and can support many older scanners under computer operating systems for which drivers are not available, allowing old scanners to be used with newer platforms which do not otherwise support them.
VueScan supports more than 1,500 different supported scanners and digital cameras on Windows, 1,100 on Mac OS X and 700 on Linux.
VueScan is sold as one downloadable file with two different licenses (Standard and Professional). The license code determines which version is running. Without license the program runs in demo mode. The demo mode is identical to the professional license except that watermarks are superimposed on both saved and printed images.
As distributed VueScan supports optical character recognition of English documents; 32 additional language packages are available on its website.
- Image Capture – alternative scanner software bundled free with Mac OS X
- Scanner Access Now Easy – open source scanner API for Unix, Windows, OS/2
- SilverFast – alternative scanner software
- "VueScan Downloads". Hamrick. 14 February 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Softpedia Global Page for VueScan Downloads". Softpedia. SoftNews NET SRL. 26 May 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "VueScan". Download.com. CBS Interactive. 25 May 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Fulton, Wayne. "VueScan". A few scanning tips. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Stone, David (27 July 2004). "VueScan 8.0 Professional". PC Magazine (Ziff Davis). Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Supported Scanners". Release Notes. Hamrick Software. 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Adding OCR Languages". VueScan. Hamrick Software. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Vuescan is NOT struggling". Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- The VueScan Bible: Everything You Need to Know for Perfect Scanning; Sascha Steinhoff; 176 pages; 2011; ISBN 978-1933952697.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mac OS and/or OS X software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|