|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Type||Nagar Panchayat|
|• Total||16.84 km2 (6.50 sq mi)|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Density||2,800/km2 (7,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2015[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 46,490. The total population constitutes 23,312 males and 23,178 females —a sex ratio of 994 females per 1000 males, higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 4,332 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,151 are boys and 2,181 are girls. The town's average literacy rate stands at 81.87% with 34,513 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Vuyyuru's economy is based on agriculture, mainly rice and sugar cane. The land is very fertile, and irrigation canals which draw water from the Krishna River crisscross the area.
KCP sugar factory is the first sugar manufacturing unit setup at Vuyyuru in 1941. It has present capacity of 7500 Tons of Cane per Day. KCP has a cogeneration plant which produces 15 MW of power per day.
Vuyyuru Nagar Panchayat is the civic administrative body of the town which was constituted in the year 2011. It is spread over an area of 16.84 km2 (6.50 sq mi). The municipal chairman of Vuyyuru Nagar Panchayat is J.Poornachandra Rao and previous panchayath board president is DASU.SRINIVASRAO .
The Government General Hospital is located in Katuru Road. There are two charity-funded hospitals. The CBM Bethel Hospital was established during British rule. The Rotary Eye Hospital is funded by KCP sugar factory and local residents.
Vuyyuru under its mandal falls in Penamaluru (Assembly constituency), which in turn represents Machilipatnam (Lok Sabha constituency) of Andhra Pradesh. The present MLA representing Penamaluru (Assembly constituency) is Bode Prasad of Telugu Desam Party.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Elevation for Vuyyuru". Veloroutes. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 510,530. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,412. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Info on KCP". kcpsugar. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Energy". kcpsugar. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "YSR Congress Claims Three Civic Chief Posts in Krishna". The New Indian Express. Machilipatnam. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Rotary Community Service Trust". rotaryeyecarevyr.org.
- "DELIMITATION OF PARLIAMENTARY AND ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES ORDER, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 21,31. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Member's Report". Andhra Pradesh Legislature Assembly. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Tenali Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Sujatha Varma, P (7 February 2016). "RTC offers a 'sweet' journey". The Hindu. Vijayawada. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Details of Roads in Each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Developmemt Department - Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 28 March 2017.