Vyacheslav Aleksandrovich Boguslayev (Uralsk, Kazakh SSR, 28 October 1938) is a Ukrainian engineer, businessman and politician. He is also a Hero of Ukraine, Member of the Party of Regions. He is mainly known as chief engineer of Motor Sich.
In 1956-1960 Vyacheslav served in Soviet Army and worked as assistant engine driver at Uralsk shipbuilding yard. In 1961 Vyacheslav Boguslayev moved to Zaporozhye, where he worked as a mechanic. In the same year he entered Zaporozhye Technical Institute and graduated in 1965, specializing in air engines with qualification of mechanic engineer.
- 1966 - Vyacheslav Boguslayev started working at Zaporozhye Engine Plant: before 1969 as construction engineer, and from
- 1969 till 1973 as Head of the Department
- 1973 - 1988 Vyacheslav Boguslayev worked as Director of Volochisk Engineering Plant (Khmelnitsky region)
- 1988 - 1994 - Director General of "Motorobudіvnik", Zaporozhye
- 1994 - 2006 - Chairman of the Board, General Director of JSC "Motor Sich" (ex-"Motorobudіvnik")
- since 2006 - Chairman of the Board of Directors, Honorary President of JSC "Motor Sich"
- 2001 - 2004 - Member of the Guardian Council of the National Fund of Social Protection of Mothers and Children "Ukraine to Children"
- since 2001 Vyacheslav Boguslayev has been the President of the International Charity Fund "Dnipro-Sich"
- Member of the National Council on Philanthropy, established in 2007 at the initiative of President Viktor Yushchenko and led by his daughter Vitalina.
- In 2006-2007 Vyacheslav Boguslayev was elected as People's Deputy of Ukraine to the 5th Verkhovna Rada, from the Party of Regions (No 5 on the list). At that time he was working as the Head of the Subcommittee on Legislative National Defense, the defense industry complex supplies, military and military-technical cooperation of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defence. He was as well member of the Party of Regions.
- Since November 2007 Vyacheslav Boguslayev was the MP of the 6th Verkhovna Rada, elected from the Party of Regions (No. 11 in the list). He is Deputy Head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defence Policy.
- Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on National Security and Defense
- Member of the Interparliamentary Commission on Cooperation between The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and the Federal Assembly of Russian Federation
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Republic of India
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the United Arab Emirates
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with Russian Federation
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Federal Republic of Germany
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the People's Republic of China
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
In the 2012 parliamentary election he was (re)-elected into parliament. After winning a single-member districts (number 77) (first-past-the-post wins a parliament seat) located in Zaporizhya for Party of Regions.
Vyacheslav Boguslayev is married with one son. His wife Elena Boguslayeva (born 1946) is now retired, worked as a teacher). Son Alexander (born in 1978) is a chief engineer at JSC "Motor Sich", Deputy of Zaporozhy City Council.
Awards and titles
- 1970 - Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- 1982 - Order of the Red Banner of Labour
- 1996, 1998, 1999 - Order of Merit, three times, 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes
- September 1996 - Presidential Honourable distinction
- 19 January 2000 - Hero of Ukraine, conferred by decree of President Leonid Kuchma "for outstanding contribution to the development of Ukrainian engineering"
- 2001 - State Prize in Science and Technology
- 2004 - Order of Friendship (Russia) for his great contribution to strengthening Russian-Ukrainian cooperation
- in 2010 he headed a list of "Ten Ukrainians who have made the greatest contribution to the strengthening of national security and development of national arms of Ukraine in 2005-2010"
- Medal "For Valiant Labour to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Lenin's birth"
- Order of the Badge of Honour (USSR)
- Award of the Council of Ministers of the USSR
Vyacheslav Boguslayev is a Doctor of Engineering, professor, Member of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Ukraine, Academy of transport, Academy of Aviation and Aeronautics, Honorary Doctor of National Aerospace University named after M. Zhukovsky - Kharkiv Aviation Institute, Honorary Professor of Zaporizhzhya National Technical University. Board member of the Ukrainian Culture Fund, Honorary Academician of the Academy of Higher Education of Ukraine.
- "Вячеслав Богуслаев. Персональный сайт". Boguslayev.com.ua. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- "Богуслаев Вячеслав Александрович- фото, биография// Богуслаев Вячеслав Александрович на ЛІГА.Досье". File.liga.net. 1938-10-28. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- "Богуслаєв В'ячеслав Олександрович". Boguslaev.openua.net. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- "Народний Депутат України". W1.c1.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- (Ukrainian) Список депутатів нової Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 November 2012)
- (Ukrainian) Богуслаєв Вячеслав Олександрович, Verkhovna Rada
- Results of the vote count, Kyiv Post (9 November 2012)
- (Ukrainian) Candidates and winner for the seat in constituency 77 in the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, RBK Ukraine
- "Топ-10 украинцев, которые внесли наибольший вклад в нацбезопасность : Новости УНИАН". Unian.net. Retrieved 2011-11-13.