Kuban Oblast, Russian Empire
In 1913 Tkachov became military pilot of Imperial Russian Air Service.
In 1914, the Russian pilot Lt. Vyacheslav Tkachov became the very first Russian pilot who shot down enemy aircraft with handgun. He attacked German "Albatros" and shot the enemy pilot
Later, Tkachov took part in Russian Civil War.
Honours and awards
- Order of Saint Stanislaus (May 1910)
- Order of St. Anna of the Third Class (February 1913)
- Order of St. Vladimir of the Fourth Class (February 1915)
- Order of St. George of the Fourth Degree (July 1916)
- Gold Sword for Bravery (September 1916)
- Distinguished Service Order (United Kingdom)
- Игорь Софронов. Личность: Русский сокол // журнал "Братишка", август 2012
- Blume, August. The Russian Military Air Fleet in World War I, Volume One. (Schiffer Publishing, 2010). ISBN 0764333518, 978-0764333514.
- — The Russian Military Air Fleet in World War I, Volume Two. (Schiffer Publishing, 2010) ISBN 0764333526, 9780764333521.
- А.В. Махалин. М. Ткачёв — участник и историк воздушных сражений Великой войны // Первая мировая война и участие в ней России. Часть II. М., 1994.
|This Russian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|