Vyomesh "VJ" Joshi (born c. 1954) is current 3D Systems CEO and President, and was the executive vice president of Hewlett-Packard Company's Imaging and Printing Group. He also served as the executive sponsor for all HP operations and initiatives in India and was a member of HP’s Executive Council.
Joshi joined HP in 1980 as a research and development engineer, he would walk from his apartment to his office. He became vice president in January 2001, became President of the Imaging and Printing Group in February 2001.
After Ann Livermore stepped down as HP's enterprise chief in 2011, Joshi was the last remaining top HP executive to have direct ties to Hewlett-Packard's name-sake founders. Joshi has been described as "a superstar executive."
Joshi also served as Chairman of Phogenix Imaging LLC, a joint venture between HP and Kodak, from 2000 until May 2003, when Phogenix was dissolved. Joshi has been a member of the Yahoo! board of directors since 2005. However, he retired from Yahoo's board in February 2012, after serving for 7 years.
In 2005, Fortune magazine published a diversity list, "a list of the most influential African-American, Latino, and Asian-Americans in business, sports, politics, academia, and the arts." Joshi was one of three Indian Americans named.
Joshi's annual compensation in 2010 was $9.1 million, and he owned over $26.5 million of stock options.
On March 21, 2012 it was announced that HP will lump printers and PCs division together and that Joshi would retire, ending a 32-year career with HP. Some sources suggested he was "forced out" by CEO Meg Whitman.
- "Vyomesh Joshi". Nndb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
-  Archived February 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "India Abroad: The 50 Most Influential Indian Americans". Rediff.com. 2004-12-31. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "HP merges printer unit with PC business". CNN. 2012-03-21.
- Whitford, David. "Fortune 500 Daily & Breaking Business News - FORTUNE on CNNMoney". Timeinc.net. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Vyomesh I. Joshi". Executive Profile & Biography. BusinessWeek. 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "How Hewlett-Packard lost its way - Fortune Tech". Tech.fortune.cnn.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Printing Innovator and Leader, Vyomesh Joshi Takes Helm as 3D Systems’ Chief Executive Officer". 3D Systems. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|