|Regional unit||Central Athens|
|• Municipality||9.204 km2 (3.554 sq mi)|
|Elevation||120 m (390 ft)|
|• Municipality density||6,700/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||162 xx|
Vyronas (Greek: Βύρωνας) is a suburban town and a municipality in the southeastern part of the Athens agglomeration, Greece. The town is named after George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron, the famous English poet and writer, who is a national hero of Greece. Formerly part of the city of Athens, Vyronas was created as a community in 1933, and became a municipality in 1934.
Vyronas is an inner suburb of Athens, located about 3 km southeast of Athens city centre. Towards the southeast the municipality extends to the forested Hymettus mountain. The built-up area of Vyronas is continuous with that of Athens and the neighbouring suburbs Kaisariani, Ymittos and Ilioupoli. Motorway 64 runs through the southeastern part of the municipality.
Sites of interest
- Vyronas National Stadium, which seats up to 4,340 and is 3 km from downtown Athens. It is home to the football club Athinaikos F.C. and their bitter rivals Doxa Vyronas F.C.
- Theatro Vrachon, where the Vyronas Festival takes place every summer
|This section requires expansion. (September 2015)|
Sport facilities in Vyronas are the Vyronas National Stadium (football stadium) and the Ergani Indoor Hall (gymnasium). Clubs based in Vyronas is Athinaikos, club with many achievements in several sports and Doxa Vyronas F.C..
|Sport clubs based in Vyronas|
|Athinaikos||1917||Football, Basketball, Handball||Panhellenic titles and European title in women basketball, titles in handball, earlier presence in A Ethniki in football|
|Doxa Vyronas F.C.||1946||Football||Earlier presence in Beta Ethniki|
|Anagennisi Vyrona||1999||Handball||Presence in A1 Ethniki handball|
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- EETAA local government changes
- "Philippine School in Greece." Commission on Filipinos Overseas. Retrieved on September 24, 2015. "15 Thimaton Polemou, Kareas Vyronas, Athens, Greece 16233 Athens, Greece"