Vyshhorod Raion (Ukrainian: Вишгородський район) is a raion (district) in Kiev Oblast of Ukraine. Its administrative center is the town of Vyshhorod. Population: 72,500 (2013 est.).
The raion was created on April 12, 1973 from territories of Ivankiv Raion and Kiev-Sviatoshyn Raion. The raion is located around the Kiev Reservoir and its administrative center is located at the southern edge of the territory.
The raion borders four other raions of Kiev Oblast and two regions of Ukraine, the Kiev city and Chernihiv Oblast. To the north and northwest from the raion is located Ivankiv Raion which also includes territory of the former Chornobyl Raion, to the west is located Borodianka Raion, to the southwest Vyshhorod Raion borders with Kiev-Sviatoshyn Raion, to the south is located Obolon Raion of the city of Kiev, to the southeast - Brovary Raion, while to the east and northeast is located Kozelets Raion (Chernihiv Oblast).
Previous President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych private residence Mezhyhirya is located in the raion near the village Novi Petrivtsi.
- ^ "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- ^ (Ukrainian) Янукович заявляет, что он - законный владелец резиденции «Межгорье» Yanukovych said that he - the rightful owner of the residence Mezhyhirya, UNIAN (7 August 2009)
- ^ (Ukrainian) На "Межигір'я" рушила колона автомобілів: активісти хочуть заблокувати президента On the way to the residence of the President of activists stopped by the Berkut, Televiziyna Sluzhba Novyn (1 December 2013)
- ^ Euromaidan activists depart for Mezhyhirya residence, Interfax-Ukraine (6 December 2013)
- ^ Yanukovych’s smooth ride to Mezhyhirya mansion, Kyiv Post (19 August 2010)