|• Total||6 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|• Density||555/km2 (1,440/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Website||Verkhovna Rada website|
Vyshnivets (Ukrainian: Вишнівець, translit. Vyshnivets’; Polish: Wiśniowiec) is an urban-type settlement in the Zbarazkyi Raion (district) of the Ternopil Oblast (province) of western Ukraine. The town is located on the Horyn River, a right tributary of the Prypiat. The population of the town is 3,469. In 1960, Vyshnivets was changed from the status of a village, to that of an Urban-type settlement. Before World War II the village was located in Poland.
Architectural landmarks in the town include a 15th-century castle; and palace and park, constructed in the 18th century by the Vyshnevetskyi family.
- ShtetLinks - Vishnevets at JewishGen
- "Urban-type settlement of Vyshnivets". Verkhovna Rada (in Ukrainian). Retrieved March 30, 2007.
- "Vyshnivets". Castles.com (in Ukrainian). Retrieved March 30, 2007.
- "Vyshnivets: Truth and myths of the kniaz Vyshnevetsky family". Den (Day) (in Ukrainian). September 30, 2005. Retrieved March 30, 2007.
- "Vyshnivets". Ternopilska Torhovo-Promyslova Palata (in Ukrainian). Retrieved March 30, 2007.
- Klymenko, Serhiy. "Photo excursion around Vyshnovets". klymenko.data-tec.net (in Ukrainian). Retrieved March 30, 2007.
- Vlasenko, Petro. "Vyshnivets, Ternopilska Oblast". ua.vlasenko.net (in Russian). Retrieved March 30, 2007.
|This article about a location in Ternopil Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|