|• Total||9.51 km2 (3.67 sq mi)|
|Elevation||437 m (1,434 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2016)|
|• Density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Densbüren, Gipf-Oberfrick, Herznach, Kienberg (SO), Oberhof, Wittnau|
Wölflinswil has an area, as of 2009[update], of 9.51 square kilometers (3.67 sq mi). Of this area, 5.92 km2 (2.29 sq mi) or 62.3% is used for agricultural purposes, while 2.95 km2 (1.14 sq mi) or 31.0% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.61 km2 (0.24 sq mi) or 6.4% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.01 km2 (2.5 acres) or 0.1% is either rivers or lakes.
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 3.9% and transportation infrastructure made up 2.0%. Out of the forested land, 28.9% of the total land area is heavily forested and 2.1% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 39.4% is used for growing crops and 18.2% is pastures, while 4.6% is used for orchards or vine crops. All the water in the municipality is in rivers and streams.
Coat of arms
Wölflinswil has a population (as of December 2016[update]) of 1,027 As of June 2009[update], 5.0% of the population are foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1997–2007) the population has changed at a rate of 5.1%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (96.2%), with Albanian being second most common ( 1.8%) and Serbo-Croatian being third ( 0.6%).
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Wölflinswil is; 115 children or 12.7% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 110 teenagers or 12.1% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 109 people or 12.0% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 123 people or 13.5% are between 30 and 39, 159 people or 17.5% are between 40 and 49, and 111 people or 12.2% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 108 people or 11.9% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 36 people or 4.0% are between 70 and 79, there are 33 people or 3.6% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 5 people or 0.6% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 17 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 119 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 148 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. As of 2000[update], there were 294 private households (homes and apartments) in the municipality, and an average of 2.7 persons per household. In 2008[update] there were 176 single family homes (or 51.8% of the total) out of a total of 340 homes and apartments. There were a total of 3 empty apartments for a 0.9% vacancy rate. As of 2007[update], the construction rate of new housing units was 14.9 new units per 1000 residents.
In Wölflinswil about 75.8% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 81 students attending primary school in the municipality.
The historical population is given in the following table:
As of 2007[update], Wölflinswil had an unemployment rate of 1.63%. As of 2005[update], there were 110 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 37 businesses involved in this sector. 57 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 8 businesses in this sector. 104 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 23 businesses in this sector.
In 2000[update] there were 429 workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 291 or about 67.8% of the residents worked outside Wölflinswil while 71 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 209 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality. Of the working population, 14.2% used public transportation to get to work, and 45% used a private car.
From the 2000 census[update], 529 or 67.5% were Roman Catholic, while 138 or 17.6% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there was 1 individual who belonged to the Christian Catholic faith.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 30 August 2017
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (in German) accessed 25 March 2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 10-May-2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bereich 01 -Bevölkerung (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 10-May-2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- ISOS site accessed 10-May-2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (in German) accessed 21 January 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wölflinswil.|