W. Bruce Cameron
W. Bruce Cameron
|Born||William Bruce Cameron|
February 2, 1960
|Notable works||A Dog's Purpose|
William Bruce Cameron (born February 2, 1960) is an American author, columnist, and humorist. Cameron is most famous for his novel A Dog's Purpose, which spent 19 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. The book is the basis for the movie version starring Dennis Quaid, Britt Robertson, Peggy Lipton, K.J. Apa, Juliet Rylance, Luke Kirby, John Ortiz, and Pooch Hall, and released in theaters on January 27, 2017. A Dog's Purpose is followed by a sequel called A Dog's Journey, which Cameron, along with Cathryn Michon, adapted into a film of the same name.
His books have been translated into over 60 languages.
Life and career
Cameron was born in Petoskey, Michigan. He is also the author of the best-selling self-improvement book which was later adapted into the ABC sitcom of the same name that aired between 2002 and 2005. His book, 8 Simple Rules for Marrying My Daughter, was released in 2008, and already had a Hollywood movie deal before its publication, with 89 Films and Wendy Finerman, producer of The Devil Wears Prada.
Cameron is also the author of How to Remodel a Man, which was excerpted in the August 2005 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, and was the subject of the November 1, 2005 Oprah Show. His novel, A Dog's Purpose, was published July 2010 by Tom Doherty Associates. It was 19 weeks on The New York Times Best Seller list in its hardcover release. The softcover version was released May 24, 2011. In total, A Dog's Purpose has spent a year on The New York Times Bestseller list (hardcover and paperback combined).
He wrote a weekly column for Creators Syndicate from 2001 until 2015 that appeared in around 50 newspapers in the U.S. and Canada, including Hawaii's MidWeek; "8 Simple Rules" told his humorous cautionary tales and memories of his life and was named after his bestselling book. In 2012, overwhelmed with other work, Cameron put it on hold after 689 editions.
A Dog's Purpose
- A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans, Forge (2010) ISBN 9780765326263
- A Dog's Journey, Forge (2012) ISBN 9780765330536
- A Dog's Promise, Forge (2019) ISBN 9781250163516
A Dog's Way Home
- The Midnight Dog of the Repo Man: A Short Story, Forge (2014) ASIN B00N03AO2S
- The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man, Forge (2014) ISBN 9780765377487
- Repo Madness, Forge (2016) ISBN 9780765377500
- Emory's Gift, Forge (2011) ISBN 9780765326263
- The Dogs of Christmas, Forge (2013) ISBN 9780765330550
- The Dog Master, Forge (2015) ISBN 9780765330550
- A Dog's Perfect Christmas, Forge (2020) ISBN 9781250163585
For Young Readers
- A Dog's Purpose Puppy Tales
- Ellie's Story, Starscape (2015) ISBN 9780765374691
- Bailey's Story, Starscape (2016) ISBN 9780765388407
- Molly's Story, Starscape (2017) ISBN 9780765394934
- Max's Story, Starscape (2018) ISBN 9780765395016
- Toby's Story, Starscape (2019) ISBN 9780765394989
- Cooper's Story, Starscape (2021) ISBN 9781250163387
- A Dog's Way Home Puppy Tales
- Lily's Story, Starscape (2019) ISBN 9781250213518
- Lily to the Rescue series
- Lily to the Rescue (2020) ISBN 9781250234353
- Two Little Piggies (2020) ISBN 9781250234452
- The Not-So-Stinky Skunk (2020) ISBN 9781250234483
- Dog Dog Goose (2020) ISBN 9781250234520
- Lost Little Leopard (2021) ISBN 9781250762566
- The Misfit Donkey (2021) ISBN 9781250762689
- Foxes in a Fix (2021) ISBN 9781250762726
- The Three Bears (2021) ISBN 9781250762511
- 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, Workman (2001)
- How to Remodel a Man, St. Martin's Press (2004)
- 8 Simple Rules for Marrying My Daughter, Touchstone (2008)
- A Dad's Purpose, Amazon Digital Services (2017) ASIN B06Y6GRPYY
- 2006: The Robert Benchley Society Award for Humor
- 2006: The National Society of Newspaper Columnists Award for Best Humor
- 2011: Columnist of the Year National Society of Newspaper Columnists
- admin. "A Dog's Purpose - A Dog's Purpose Series". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "DreamWorks picks up movie rights to NY Times bestseller "A Dog's Purpose"". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- Busch, Anita (2016-01-25). "'A Dog's Purpose' Movie Based On Bestselling Book To Unleash In 2017". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- Cameron, W. Bruce (2013-05-07). A Dog's Journey: A Novel (Reprint ed.). New York: Forge Books. ISBN 9780765330543.
- A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans by W. Bruce Cameron official website
- "ABOUT W. BRUCE CAMERON". Creators Syndicate.
- "The Last Cameron Column, Kinda Sorta". MidWeek. PressReader.com. January 11, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "A Dog's Journey (2019) - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- The Robert Benchley Society Award For Humor Competition - Dave Barry - Bob Newhart - Horace J. Digby - W. Bruce Cameron - David Trumbull (about halfway down) from LexingtonFilm.com
- Robert Benchley Society Los Angeles, November 10-12, 2006 from RobertBenchley.org
- Bruce Cameron page from Creators Syndicate