W. Craig Zwick
|W. Craig Zwick|
W. Craig Zwick in 2018
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 1, 1995– September 30, 2017|
|Called by||Gordon B. Hinckley|
|End reason||Became emeritus general authority|
|Emeritus General Authority|
|September 30, 2017|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||William Craig Zwick|
June 10, 1947
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
LDS Church service
Zwick was born in Salt Lake City, Utah. He served as a missionary for the LDS Church in Argentina. Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve was one of Zwick's mission presidents. While serving on this mission he worked on his first LDS Church chapel construction project. Prior to his call as a general authority, Zwick served as president of the church's Chile Santiago South Mission. Since becoming a general authority, he has served as president of the church's Brazil, Brazil South, and North America Northeast areas. He has also served in the presidencies of the Europe West and Europe Central areas. In 2011, he was appointed an Assistant Executive Director of both the church's Missionary and Correlation departments. In 2014, he served temporarily as president of the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission. On September 30, 2017, Zwick was released and designated an emeritus general authority. He gave his final address in General Conference the following day.
Zwick received a degree in business management and finance from the University of Utah.
Zwick started working for his father's construction company, Zwick Construction Inc. and eventually became the owner and operator. They built many hospitals and schools. The company also frequently performed construction jobs for the LDS Church. These projects included the Family History Library, the South Visitors Center on Temple Square, the Museum of Church History and Art, and the Portland Oregon Temple. He also worked for three years as executive director of the Utah Department of Transportation.
Zwick married Janet Johnson and they are the parents of four children.
- "Elder W. Craig Zwick of the Seventy," Ensign, May 1995, p. 107
- 2008 Deseret Morning News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Morning News, 2007), p. 53.
- "New mission presidents", Church News, 2014-05-03.
- "New mission presidents", Church News, 2014-05-27.
- "Leadership Changes Announced at October 2017 General Conference: Three General Authority Seventies released", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2017-09-30
- Talk Summaries: October 2017 Sunday Morning Session, LDS Church, 2017-10-01, archived from the original on 2017-01-27 Cite uses deprecated parameter
- 2008 Deseret Morning News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Morning News, 2007) p. 554.
- Rutenberg, Jim, "Mormons’ First Families Rally Behind Romney", The New York Times, pp. 1 & 3, July 16, 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-17.