W. G. Grace's cricket career (1892 to 1894)
|Part of a series|
of articles on
|W. G. Grace|
|Variations in statistics|
1892 English cricket season
Grace rallied somewhat during the next three seasons, despite continuing problems at Gloucestershire.
Grace made 21 first-class appearances in 1892, scoring 1,055 runs, with a highest score of 99, at an average of 31.02 with 0 centuries and 8 half-centuries. In the field, he took 14 catches and 31 wickets with a best analysis of 5–51. His bowling average was 30.90; he had 5 wickets in an innings twice.
1893 English cricket season
Grace made 28 first-class appearances in 1893, scoring 1,609 runs, with a highest score of 128, at an average of 35.75 with 1 century and 11 half-centuries. In the field, he took 21 catches and 22 wickets with a best analysis of 4–95. His bowling average was 38.81.
1894 English cricket season
Grace made 27 first-class appearances in 1894, scoring 1,293 runs, with a highest score of 196, at an average of 29.38 with 3 centuries and 5 half-centuries. In the field, he took 18 catches and 29 wickets with a best analysis of 6–82. His bowling average was 25.24; he had 5 wickets in an innings once.
- Rae, p.495.
- Altham, H.S. (1962). A History of Cricket, Volume 1 (to 1914). George Allen & Unwin.
- Birley, Derek (1999). A Social History of English Cricket. Aurum. ISBN 1-85410-941-3.
- Bowen, Rowland (1970). Cricket: A History of its Growth and Development. Eyre & Spottiswoode.
- Darwin, Bernard (1934). W. G. Grace (Great Lives Series). Duckworth.
- Grace, W.G. (1899). "W.G." – Cricketing Reminiscences and Personal Recollections. Hambledon Press. ISBN 0-9506882-0-7.
- Midwinter, Eric (1981). W.G. Grace: His Life and Times. George Allen and Unwin. ISBN 978-0-04-796054-3.
- Rae, Simon (1998). W.G. Grace: A Life. ISBN 978-0-571-17855-1.
- Webber, Roy (1958). The County Cricket Championship. Sportsman's Book Club.
- Webber, Roy (1951). The Playfair Book of Cricket Records. Playfair Books.