W. Stanford Reid
W. Stanford Reid (1913–1996) was a professor of history at McGill University and University of Guelph and a Presbyterian Church in Canada minister. He held a Ph.D. from University of Pennsylvania (1941). He also had a divinity degree from Westminster Theological Seminary, studying under the Presbyterian scholar J. Gresham Machen.
He was the son of Rev. William Dunn Reid and Daisy Sanford. His brother was Dr. Stewart Reid - Montreal, Quebec. His parents were Joseph Reid b. 1838 and Janet Dunn b. 1863. His Grandparents were some of the first Scottish setters in the Eastern Townships of Quebec arriving in the late 1820s. His grandparents were William Reid and Jean Gould and Andrew Dunn and Elisabeth Oliver
- "W. Stanford Reid -- A Classic Case of Exclusion". A. Donald Macleod. Fall 1999 Channels, Vol. 16 No. 1.
- W. Stanford Reid: an evangelical Calvinist in the academy. A. Donald Macleod. McGill-Queen's Press - MQUP, 2004. ISBN 0-7735-2818-0.
- "Lutheranism In The Scottish Reformation". W. Stanford Reid. Westminster Theological Journal. Vol.7 No.2. May 1945.
- "The Historical Development of Christian Scientific Presuppositions". W. Stanford Reid. JASA. Vol.27 (June 1975): 69-75.
- "Science and Miracle: Another Approach". W. Stanford Reid. JASA. Vol.31 (September 1979): 171-172.
- Reid's response to "Original Sin as Natural Evil" (article by Richard H. Bube). JASA. Vol.27 (December 1975):171-180.
- Predestination by W. S. Reid
- A Genealogy of the Reid Family by W.D. Reid, 1938
|This biographical article about a Canadian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|