W/ Bob & David
|W/ Bob & David|
Title card for the show
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||4 (and 1 special)|
|Running time||27–33 minutes|
|Original release||November 13, 2015|
W/ Bob & David is a comedy sketch show created by and starring Bob Odenkirk and David Cross that premiered on Netflix on November 13, 2015. The sketch show consists of four half-hour episodes plus an hour-long making-of special entitled "Behind the Making of the Scenes". Although it shares much of the same writing team as Mr. Show with Bob and David, which aired on HBO from 1995 to 1998, it follows a different structure with Odenkirk describing it as "lighter", "less complex" and "faster".
Shooting began on April 15, 2015. W/ Bob & David is written and executive produced by Odenkirk and Cross. Marc Provissiero and Naomi Odenkirk, Tim Sarkes, Dave Kneebone, Tim Heidecker, and Eric Wareheim also produce. The four episodes, which were released simultaneously on November 13, 2015, had the studio segments directed by Keith Truesdell and the pre-recorded segments directed by Jason Woliner, except for the fourth episode, in which Tom Gianas also directed the pre-recorded segments. The hour-long special was directed by Lance Bangs.
In an August 2016 interview with The A.V. Club, Cross stated "We will absolutely do some more of that at some point. It's really tough. Bob and I really want to do it, Netflix would like us to do it again, everybody's on board. It's just a matter of scheduling, and Bob's got a very strict, specific schedule with Better Call Saul."
- Bob Odenkirk
- David Cross
- John Ennis
- Jay Johnston
- Tom Kenny
- Brett Paesel
- Brian Posehn
- Jill Talley
- Paul F. Tompkins
- Mark Rivers
- Scott Aukerman
- Eric Von Hoffman
- Mary Lynn Rajskub
- Dino Stamatopoulos
- Becky Thyre
W/ Bob & David received positive reviews from critics. On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the series holds an approval rating of 89%, based on 27 reviews, with an average rating of 7.64/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "W/ Bob & David offers a long-overdue reunion between Mr. Show principals Odenkirk and Cross – and a suitably hilarious reminder of the reasons for their subsequent individual successes." On Metacritic, the series has a score of 76 out of 100, based on 20 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "Los Angeles, win tickets to a live taping of Netflix's With Bob And David". The A.V. Club. April 22, 2015. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- Robinson, Joanna (September 16, 2015). "Mr. Show's Bob Odenkirk and David Cross Poke Fun at Their Age in New Netflix Teaser". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- Miraudo, Simon. "Review: Could 'With Bob And David' Ever Have Lived Up To The Legacy Of 'Mr. Show'?". Junkee. Junkee Media. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "Bob Odenkirk on the Better Call Saul finale and his new Netflix sketch show with David Cross". Entertainment Weekly. April 6, 2015. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "Bob Odenkirk & David Cross Sketch Comedy Gets Netflix Series Order". Deadline. April 2, 2015. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- "David Cross on why his comedy tour pissed off people right and left". 2016-08-18. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "W/ Bob & David: Season 1 (2015)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "W/ Bob & David : Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved April 25, 2019.