Type of site
|Web development portal|
|Available in||Multiple languages|
|Owner||Refsnes Data AS|
|Created by||Refsnes Data AS|
|Registration||Required for forum|
W3Schools is a freemium educational website for learning coding online. Initially released in 1998, it derives its name from the World Wide Web but is not affiliated with the W3 Consortium. W3Schools offers courses covering many aspects of web development. W3Schools also publishes free HTML templates. It is run by Refsnes Data in Norway. It has an online text editor called TryIt Editor, and readers can edit examples and run the code in a test environment.
- MDN Web Docs – similar website
- Tiempo, Casa Editorial El (2016-02-13). "Esta es la carrera con 98 % de empleabilidad para recién egresados". El Tiempo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2022-06-15.
- "5 plataformas de cursos de programación online y gratis". 2018-03-11. Archived from the original on 11 March 2018. Retrieved 2022-06-15.
- "About W3Schools". W3schools.in. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "How to code: The best ways to learn programming in 2021".
- "Best web development course 2021: Top online classes". ZDNet.
- Refsnes, Hege; Refsnes, Ståle; Refsnes, Jan Egil. "About Refsnes Data". W3Schools. Refsnes Data. Archived from the original on 2009-04-21. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- Einstieg Informatik. "Einstieg Informatik | W3Schools - Webtechniken online lernen". Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "W3Schools". Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- it-times, W3Schools: Was sich hinter der weltweit größten Website für Entwickler verbirgt (in German), retrieved 2018-04-02