|Atlantic City, New Jersey/|
|City||Atlantic City, New Jersey|
|Channels||Digital: 4 (VHF)|
Virtual: 4 (PSIP)
|Owner||Western Pacific Broadcast LLC|
|First air date||June 18, 2012|
|Call letters' meaning||Atlantic|
|Transmitter power||10 kW|
34 kW (application)
|Height||258.4 m (848 ft)|
|Public license information||Profile|
WACP, virtual and VHF digital channel 4, is an independent television station licensed to Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States, serving southern New Jersey and the Philadelphia television market. The station is owned by Western Pacific Broadcast LLC. WACP's studios are located in Millville, and its transmitter is located in Waterford Works.
WACP's programming features a mix of infomercials, home shopping shows and children's programming following E/I requirements outlined by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The station carried local newscasts that were produced by Millville-based SNJ Today from 2015 until 2019. The newscasts were maintained largely by the former staff of WMGM-TV's news department. WMGM and WACP simulcast the newscasts until the former announced its sale to Univision in 2017.
On December 17, 2009, the FCC proposed the allotment of two VHF allocations: one on channel 4 to Atlantic City, New Jersey and another on channel 5 to Seaford, Delaware. On January 13, 2011, the FCC announced a license auction for February 15 of that year for the two VHF channel allocations. On February 26, 2011, Richland Towers-created Western Pacific Broadcast LLC won the federal auction to acquire the two full-power VHF station licenses. On May 4, 2011, the FCC granted Western Pacific Broadcast a construction permit to build a digital transmitter for the new station, using the channel 4 license. On June 23, 2011, an application was filed into the FCC to assign the "WACP" callsign to the station license. The construction permit to build the WACP transmitter was approved by the Federal Communications Commission on February 13, 2012.
On April 18, 2012, Richland Towers Management Waterford purchased an existing transmitter tower in Waterford Works, New Jersey (located at 1813 Arrowhead Drive) from Univision Communications, who acquired the site on May 15, 2002 as part of that company's acquisition of USA Broadcasting's television stations, including Philadelphia's WUVP-TV (channel 65). On or around June 6, 2012, WACP began testing its broadcast signal by running a tower camera feed from Birmingham, Alabama CBS affiliate WIAT, along with a WACP station ID on the upper right portion of the screen; this was later replaced by a full-screen station ID that began to be shown on-air on June 24, 2012. The FCC granted the WACP station license on July 9, 2012.
On October 23, 2012, Comcast Xfinity added WACP on cable channel 4 in much of its Philadelphia service area, displacing ABC owned-and-operated station WPVI-TV to Comcast channel 6 (in correspondence with the station's virtual channel) in certain areas (though the reasoning for WPVI maintaining the cable channel 4 location, to prevent co-channel interference with the station's signal, was no longer an issue after improvements to the cable system in the 1990s).
The station's digital signal is multiplexed:
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|4.1||1080i||16:9||WACP-D1||Main WACP programming|
|4.8||WACP-D8||Viet Global Mall TV|
- "FCC Ownership Report Search Results - Facility ID 189358". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission.
- "FCC 398 - Children's Television Programming Report - 07/10/2012". FCC,gov. Federal Communications Commission.
- "Amendment to a Modification of a Licensed Facility for DTV Application". Licensing and Management System. Federal Communications Commission. May 25, 2018. Retrieved May 25, 2018.
- "FCC TV Station Profiles & Public Inspection Files - Facility ID 189358". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission.
- "FCC 398 - Children's Television Programming Report - 10/05/2012". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission.
- Doug Lung (22 Dec 2009). "New VHF TV Allotments for Delaware and N.J." TVTechnology.com. TVTechnology. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "FCC proposes the allotment of channel 4 to Atlantic City, New Jersey" (PDF). FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Adopted: December 17, 2009; Released: December 18, 2009.
- "FCC proposed the allotment of channel 5 to Seaford, Delaware" (PDF). FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Adopted: December 17, 2009; Released: December 18, 2009.
- Deborah D. McAdams (13 Jan 2011). "FCC Releases Feb. 15 DTV License Auction Details". TVTechnology.com. TVTechnology.com. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- BRIAN IANIERI (February 26, 2011) [Updated: 5:23 pm]. "Florida company buys station to broadcast television in Atlantic City area". PressOfAtlanticCity.com. The Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Deborah D. McAdams (28 Feb 2011). "Richland Tower-formed Company Wins New VHF TV Station Licenses for $4 Million". TVTechnology.com. TVTechnology. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "FCC 323 OWNERSHIP REPORT FOR COMMERCIAL BROADCAST STATIONS - Western Pacific Broadcast LLC". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. BOP-20110620AAJ.
- "FCC 323 OWNERSHIP REPORT FOR COMMERCIAL BROADCAST STATIONS - Richland Properties, LLC". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. BOP-20110620AAL.
- "FCC 301 APPLICATION FOR CONSTRUCTION PERMIT FOR COMMERCIAL BROADCAST STATION - Application ID 1422061". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. BNPCDT - 20110330AAX; Granted 05/04/2011.
- "FCC Call Sign History - Facility ID 189358". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission.
- "FCC 301 APPLICATION FOR CONSTRUCTION PERMIT FOR COMMERCIAL BROADCAST STATION - Application ID 1478090". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. BMPCDT - 20111101AJA; Granted 02/13/2012.
- "FCC ASR Application A0761117 - Change Owner (CO)". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Received 04/18/2012; Entered 04/18/2012.
- "Richland Towers Management Waterford". FCCInfo.com. Cavell Mertz & Associates, Inc. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Richland Towers - Broadcast Tower Locator - 1813 Arrowhead Drive Waterford Township, NJ 08089". RichlandTowers.com. Richland Towers. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "FCC ASR Application A0267994 - Change Owner (CO)". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Received 05/30/2002; Entered 05/30/2002.
- "FCC ASR Application A0267995 - Change Owner (CO)". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Received 05/30/2002; Entered 05/30/2002.
- "FCC ASR Application A0265844 - Change Owner (CO)". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Received 05/15/2002; Entered 05/15/2002.
- "FCC ASR Application A0050647 - New (NE)". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Received 03/18/1998; Entered 03/23/1998.
- "FCC 302-DTV APPLICATION FOR DIGITAL TELEVISION BROADCAST STATION LICENSE - Application ID 1503217". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. BLCDT - 20120621ABY; Granted 07/09/2012.
- Bob Fernandez (October 17, 2012). "Comcast to add new Atlantic City TV station to lineup". Philly.com. The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- Deborah D. McAdams (22 Oct 2012). "New VHF Station WACP-TV Secures Pay TV Carriage". TVTechnology.com. NewBay Media. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- New Philly V Set To Launch Next Week, TVNewsCheck, October 19, 2012.
- "6abc/WPVI-TV - Comcast Cable channel change for some viewers". abclocal.go.com/wpvi. ABC Inc., WPVI-TV/DT Philadelphia, PA. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ""Mornings with News 12" Now Available on WACP Channel 4 in South Jersey and Philadelphia". Altice USA. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- RabbitEars TV Query for WACP
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WACP
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on WACP-TV
- FCC TV Station Profiles & Public Inspection Files - WACP Atlantic City, NJ
- RabbitEars.Info -- Digital TV Market Listing for WACP - Facility ID 189358
- RabbitEars.Info -- WACP ATLANTIC CITY, NJ - Facility ID 189358
- Richland Towers website
- TV Fool website (local TV signals, distance, direction and strength)
- Official news/sports site