|City||Newport, Rhode Island|
|Broadcast area||Rhode Island|
|Slogan||Your Information Station|
|First air date||November 6, 1948|
|Format||News/Talk/Jazz on the weekend|
|Power||1,000 watts (day)|
|Former callsigns||WRJM (1948–1953)|
|Affiliations||ABC News Radio|
|Owner||3G Broadcasting, Inc.|
WADK (1540 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Newport, Rhode Island. The station is owned by 3G Broadcasting, Inc. It airs a News/Talk format, with Jazz airing each weekend and local high school football and Salve Regina University college football home games during the autumn.
The station has been assigned these call letters by the Federal Communications Commission since November 23, 1953. Its broadcast tower has been located off Garfield Street in Newport since 1967. Because of ground conductivity and the small size of the state of Rhode Island, WADK's 1,000 watts puts out a clear signal into Providence and beyond.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-390. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "WADK's History". WADK AM 1540 official website. Archived from the original on July 22, 2012. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Winter 2008 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "WADK history cards". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- WADK official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WADK
- Radio-Locator Information on WADK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WADK
|This article about a radio station in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|