|Broadcast area||Springfield, Massachusetts|
|Branding||New England Public Radio
NEPR News Network
|First air date||February 1967|
|Callsign meaning||American International College|
|Affiliations||WNNZ/New England Public Radio
Public Radio International
American Public Media
|Owner||American International College
(programmed by Five College Consortium)
WAIC (91.9 FM) is the college radio station of American International College in Springfield, Massachusetts. It is operated by the Five College Consortium's National Public Radio member station, WFCR, and serves as a relay of the all-news format airing on WFCR's sister station, WNNZ.
WAIC first went on air in February 1967, going stereo in 1985. Initially programmed from American International College (at various points programming top 40 and adult hits, it became a 24/7 relay of Connecticut Public Radio on November 1, 2011. On July 1, 2016, it began relaying WNNZ.
- "WAIC and WNPR Launch Collaboration to Bring New Programming to the Springfield Market" (Press release). Connecticut Public Broadcasting. November 1, 2011. Archived from the original on March 31, 2012. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- "NEPR News Network Completed With Full FM Service In Four Counties". New England Public Radio. 2016-06-28.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WAIC
- Radio-Locator information on WAIC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WAIC
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|