|Original author(s)||Softorino Inc.|
|Initial release||November 18, 2014|
1.7.1 / 16 April 2016
|Operating system||macOS 10.9 & Above. Windows 7 & Above.|
|Platform||macOS, Windows OS|
|Alexa rank||81,204 (November 2017[update])|
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
WALTR is designed for converting and direct transferring video, music and ringtones onto Apple devices that are running iOS - iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
WALTR converts any video or music file and makes it available in native Apple applications such as Music and Videos. According to its developers, video and music playback using native Apple apps saves battery life since they are designed by Apple and therefore utilise system resources in an effective manner.
- Program was named after Walter White – the character in the American crime-drama TV series Breaking Bad
- The application allows you to watch 4K video files on iPhone 6, though developers state that the highest resolution supported by iPhone`s screen is 1080p (iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S Plus). While testing WALTR 1.0.2 for Mac, devs tried to put 4K video from Samsung Smart TV demos into an iPhone. To everyone's surprise, iPhone played it back easily and without any difficulties. Since Apple TV uses chips from the iPhone, it was likely that the next generation of Apple TV is going to support 4K resolution.
- "Softorino.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Amit Chowdhry (22 November 2014). "Apple's A8 Chip In The iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Enables Support For 4K Video Playback". Forbes USA. Retrieved Jan 22, 2016.
- Anna Rudelli (3 December 2014). "Con Apple A8, anche l'iPhone 6 supporta il 4K". Wired.it. Retrieved Jan 22, 2016.
- Rich Demuro (4 March 2015). "A new app named "Waltr" can help you download any video to your iPhone". Fox6NOW.com. Retrieved Jan 22, 2016.
- J.R. Bookwalter (14 March 2016). "Softorino YouTube Converter review: Great video downloader with a big caveat". macworld.com. Macworld. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Kateryna Prognimak (24 July 2015). "Josh Brown, Marketing Director at Softorino — "PR stragedy as important for each startup as a product itself"". imena.ua. Blog.Imena.UA. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- Kateryna Prognimak (20 July 2015). "How Apple Rumors Helped Ukrainian Mac App Earn $30K in a Week – Softorino's Experience". imena.ua. Blog.Imena.UA. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- MKV to iPhone or iPad using WALTR for Mac & Windows (2015) Video on YouTube