Watersun Swimwear is the oldest privately owned Australian swimwear and beachwear manufacturer. Established in the mid-1950s, Watersun has been synonymous with the Australian way of life in terms of Swimwear and Beach Fashions for nearing half a century. Its trademark Graphic Glamour Swimsuit Designs of the '60s, '70s and '80s were recently displayed in the Australian National Maritime Museum which paid tribute to the History of Australian Swimwear: Exposed! The Story of Swimwear.
Watersun was founded in Melbourne, Victoria, in 1955 by David Waters. Operating a retail outlet with manufacturing at the back of a small shop in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Watersun employed young new designers to gain notoriety with swimwear designs in a very conservative post-war Australia.
A display of Watersun is featured in the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney reflecting the cultural design significance of the brand.
- Miss World 1972 winner Belinda Green
- Official swimsuit sponsor for 2010 Miss Teen Australia and Miss World Supermodel
- Mrs Australia winner 2010 Nikki Eastmure
- Model Pania Rose has appeared in Watersun campaigns for 2005, 2006, and 2007
- Model Miss Australia Erin McNaught
- Catherine McNeil